Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple – we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of life’s most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLight’s technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing and closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, and satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture – but don’t just take it from us. We’ve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, and the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
- You are a systems thinker, with an ability to quickly learn how different parts of the business interact.
- You love working on hard data problems, combining data from many sources to drive value for the business
- You will need to solve for multiple strategic priorities (i.e. growth, efficiency, and quality) and consider various stakeholders (buyers, sellers, agents, and employees). Each week will bring you a new set of projects and challenges, where success is measured by data-driven outcomes.
- As a Sales Analyst, you are the perfect mix of analytical, technical, and operational. You will collect, sanitize, analyze, and synthesize data; apply critical thinking & communications skills to make actionable recommendations; and drive those recommendations thru to execution. You are a clear, confident communicator who loves taking a complicated problem, decomposing it, and building a compelling business case.
What You’ll Do Here
- Build dashboards for a variety of audiences: executive, operational, management to empower us to run our business efficiently
- Work extremely cross-functionally, attending to various projects with our Finance, Product, Engineering, Marketing, Analytics, Executive teams, and more
- Be an all-around team player - as an operator in a growing start-up your responsibilities will constantly be growing and evolving
- SQL proficiency, required
- Experience accessing data from APIs, preferred
- Experience with Tableau, Apache Superset or other business intelligence tools, preferred
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, and offer recommendations
- Intellectual horsepower and the ability to think through a broad range of business issues
- Experience working cross functionally with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in real estate (sales, escrow, title, tech, etc) a plus
- Experience in operationally-intensive businesses (e.g. proptech, ecommerce, ridesharing, food delivery) a plus