Appen collects and labels images, text, speech, audio, video, and other data used to build and continuously improve the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems. Our expertise includes having a global crowd of over one million skilled contractors who speak over 180 languages and dialects, in over 70,000 locations and 130 countries, and the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform. Our reliable training data gives leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and governments the confidence to deploy world-class AI products. Founded in 1996, Appen has customers and offices globally.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions, and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due, and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we don’t give up.
Due to the growth of business, we are looking for a Sales Development Representative to build Sales pipeline. Chances are, this is not the first Sales Development job posting you have read. If you read through this one, we are confident you will not find another one like it. This is not a boiler room, cold-calling shop; our small team focuses on qualifying calls and discovery for meetings set, as well as researching and game planning on strategic, high-value accounts with your team. If finding and delivering value at many of the most innovative and advanced companies on the planet in the Machine Learning and AI space speaks to you, let us talk.
- Being the CEO of your pipeline
- Project management of strategic accounts with Account Executives, Customer Success Managers, and Marketing.
- Discovering new leads through internet research and social media monitoring/messaging, using tools such as LinkedIn Navigator
- Supporting Outreach marketing efforts by assisting in online and other marketing campaigns
- Managing prospecting status, data integrity, and forecasting using Salesforce.com
- Achieving, and exceeding, weekly/monthly metrics (appointments, qualified leads, new contacts, etc.)
- Responding to inbound customer interest and developing these accounts to create opportunities
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- You will be trusted with high amounts of autonomy; self-discipline, humility, and curiosity are critical for you to be successful
- You have the ability to think on your feet in a conversation and answer unexpected questions with ease
- Proficiency in more than one European language preferred
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced, changing environment
- You are comfortable working remotely, with a remote team, and would describe yourself as a self-starter
- You use others to better yourself and help others get better – we are all building AI together.
- You are good at finding ways to motivate yourself and your teammates. Camaraderie and Team Spirit is the name of the game around here
- You embody our core values. We are hungry craftspeople, we have grit, we are honest, we are humble, we value performance. You are ready to be a hero for our customers and find strength in diversity and inclusion.
Qualifications and Experience
- 1+ year of Sales Experience preferred (in SaaS or tech)
- Tools experience – Salesforce and Outreach
If this resonates with you, or if you feel like you would excel in the role, apply now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.