Coursera can hire people anywhere in country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. Our interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a remote-first company.
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 92 million registered learners as of Sept. 30, 2021. Coursera partners with over 250 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including Guided Projects, courses, Specializations, certificates, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in many high-demand fields, including data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
The Sales Development Team is a critical component of our growth plan. All inbound and outbound engagement with prospective customers starts with the SDR team. As a Outbound Sales Development Representative (SDR), you will be responsible for generating interest in Coursera by contacting prospects, presenting our solutions, and qualifying leads for our sales team. You will work closely with sales and marketing teams to ensure we operate as a seamless organization to build our pipeline of business.
The ideal individual will have experience with enterprise sales/partnerships and be interested in working for a social enterprise. Your knowledge of Edtech, and enterprise learning combined with superior communication skills and analytical abilities, will shape Coursera’s B2B business to help us provide more access to education globally.
- Build a pipeline of leads for the sales team by qualifying inbound inquiries and reaching out to high-potential prospects
- Conduct effective discovery and qualification conversations with prospects through your deep understanding of our product value proposition and use cases
- Develop creative strategies for engaging and nurturing prospects using content, email, phone, social media and any other strategies that work
- Partner closely with members of the sales and marketing teams to coordinate engagement strategies and improving processes
- Use your frontline knowledge of customer needs to educate the broader team on learnings and opportunities
- A graduate degree or professional experience of 2+ years
- Excellent written and verbal communications and listening skills
- Experience selling or marketing software or services and meeting a quota
- Entrepreneurial drive and comfort working in ambiguous, quickly-changing environments
- Experience with sales and or marketing tools such as Salesforce, Outreach, DiscoverOrg, Lusha
- Post-Graduate degree, preferred
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
- Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills
- Connecting with Sales Prospects
- Work Smarter, Not Harder: Time Management for Personal & Professional
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
For California Candidates, please review our CCPA Applicant Notice here.
For our Global Candidates, please review our GDPR Recruitment Notice here.