At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
About The Role
The Sales Engineer position will be responsible for managing our products technical sales support.The primary focus is on pre-sales technical, Evaluations/Proof of Values and post-sales assist with revenue target responsibilities.The right candidate will possess excellent energy and drive and a real desire to build business across a portfolio of accounts. They will have the ability to build effective relationships quickly and to find valuable business within each account immediately that can then be enhanced by leveraging internal resources. Candidates with current strong security contacts are encouraged to apply.
As a Sales Engineer, You Will Be Accountable For
- Collaborate with our sales teams and partners with high-touch pre-sales technical activity.
- Technically qualify opportunities and POV (Proof of Value) evaluation with end-user accounts and partners.
- Create Security Assessment Reports for end-users post-POV evaluation.
- Help drive end-user acceptance and buy-in for POV conversion to revenue.
- Help train distributors and partners to allow them to deploy successful POVs and assist them with Security Assessment Reports.
- Work with Corporate PM and Engineering to capture latest Forensic information and details to be utilizes for Assessment Reports and end-users.
- Train distributor/partner SEs and Sales staff in region.
- Liaison between partner/customers and corporate headquarters for technical issues and their requirements.
- In conjunction with sales teams, to achieve and aim to exceed assigned quarterly revenue targets.
- Monitor, assess and report on a continual basis, the competitive situation and market development in the region.
- Help any marketing activities as proper in region.
Skills And Qualifications
- Experience working in an IT security business
- You must have pre sales experience and excellent technical knowledge within networking and/or security
- Familiarity with various hacking and exploitation tools and methodologies, common malware families, and Anti-Virus / IDS / IPS evasion techniques.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with a wide variety of IT technologies and security solutions. Day-to-day operations and interactions will involve the following focus areas:
- Network Engineering - the OSI model, IPv4/6, Routing, Switching, DNS, VLANs and Subnetting, Taps, Load Balancers, SNORT, YARA
- Network Security - Firewalls, IDS / IPS, HTTP/SSL Proxies, SSL Interceptors, SIEM Products
- Email Flow - Exchange / Domino, Cloud Solutions, AV and Anti-SPAM products
- SOC Operations – IT Process Automation / Orchestration
- Intel – Knowledge and experience with Threat Intel
- Troubleshooting skills and experience
- Able to create excellent relationships with your customers and internally across internal teams - Systems Engineering, Marketing, Professional Services etc…
- Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills
- A willingness to be challenged and a strong desire to learn
- Security certifications, CISSP, CISM, Security+, CEH, etc. are a plus
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to prioritize and execute in a methodical and disciplined manner. Set and manage expectations with senior stake-holders and team members
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to present to a variety of external audiences, including being able to interact with senior executives
- Exceptional written communication. This role requires an ability to understand and articulate both the business benefits (value proposition) and technical advantages of our products and solutions
Of Working At CrowdStrike
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Paid parental leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.