From our founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, your data just arrives in your warehouse, canonical and ready to query, no engineering or maintenance required. As we watch more and more companies leverage our technology to become truly data-driven, we're proud not only of our growth but also of the fact that we've grown without compromising our core values.
We do the right thing, even when it's harder in the short run. We challenge the status quo by reasoning from first principles.
Fivetran belongs to all of us. We take ownership and are accountable for getting things done. Through curiosity, learning, and coaching, we grow as individuals and teams.
One team, one dream.
We share the pains and successes of our customers, partners and colleagues. We seek, gather, and trust a diverse group of teammates with different perspectives to guide Fivetran's progress.
If these values resonate with you, we'd love to hear from you.
About the role:
Our APAC Sales team needs a technical ace in the hole for when the questions get tough. You'll work one-on-one with both APAC prospects and Sales team members to help discuss how Fivetran fits within their technology strategy. You'll have a full understanding of how Fivetran is architected and a clear understanding of how Fivetran is best used in mature data stacks. Additionally, you'll be tasked to invent and implement creative solutions for edge-case issues.
As an APAC Sales Engineer at Fivetran, you will:
- Stand as the technical liaison and collaborate with the Sales team to help pitch the Fivetran product and value prop to existing and potential Enterprise customers
- Understand the fundamentals of the entire data stack, and quickly learn new data systems to support the sales team
- Be the Fivetran product expert when evaluating how to work with a new APAC prospect
- Help the Sales team demonstrate Fivetran's value prop to prospective customers to get them excited about working with Fivetran
- Communicate technical requirements and potential competitor solutions. Provide a strong technical response in aid to a prospect's needs
- Enable the APAC Sales Team on the Fivetran product
- Keep current on product releases and new features, assist in training new hires and colleagues
- Document and deliver both product feedback and new requirements from prospects to the Fivetran product team
- A deep understanding of the Fivetran product, working closely with support and development teams to resolve critical technical issues
- Be a Professional Development resource for Fivetran Sales Engineer
- Assist with tough technical problems escalated from the Sales Engineering teams
What you bring to the table:
- 3-7 years of Sales Engineer experience, with some combination of:
- Technical experience as a database administrator, backend engineer, or IT services within an enterprise or tech startup
- Experience successfully demonstrating and articulating the value of Business Intelligence and Analytics tools
- Proficiency in SQL programming
- Ability to influence technical audiences in their language, and influence business audiences by translating complex technology concepts
- Passion for data and analytics, a philosophy of using technology to help solve business problems
- Keen analytical and problem solving skills
- Curiosity to learn and assimilate technical information quickly, enthusiasm to share and teach others
- Available for up to 20% travel
- Hands-on experience in Data Engineering, Data Science, or Business Intelligence.
- Working experience with many of the common SaaS applications we support as sources (Salesforce, Google Analytics, Zendesk, ServiceNow, Jira).
- Working knowledge of advanced networking methodologies (IPSec, SSH, TLS) and enterprise security.
Perks of working with us:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance
- Flexible PTO
- 401k match program
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter Benefits to help with transit and parking costs
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company happy hours and fun team building activities
Shaped by the real-world needs of data analysts, Fivetran technology is the smartest, fastest way to replicate your applications, databases, events and files into a high-performance cloud warehouse. Fivetran connectors deploy in minutes, require zero maintenance, and automatically adjust to source changes — so your data team can stop worrying about engineering and focus on driving insights. To learn more about Fivetran's culture and what it's like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.