Coins is a Southeast Asian fintech company that enables anyone, including those without a bank account, to easily access financial services directly from their phone. Founded in 2014 in the Philippines and serving over 10 million customers, Coins is one of the first blockchain-backed platforms. The company’s mobile app provides consumers with direct access to banking and digital payment services, including local and international remittances, mobile air-time, bill payments, game credits, and online shopping. You will be a part of our geographically spread remote international team of highly skilled professionals.
Our Security team is looking for a savvy Security Analyst to contribute to the enhancement of our core security components like security monitoring and security incident response tools. In this role you will analyze the data to detect any suspicious user behavior and activities, anomalies for the likelihood of attack. You will be at the forefront of increasing the company's security, understanding the underlying causes of potential incidents and automating internal response tools. You will collaborate with international geo-distributed teams of professionals to fight against various incidents and attacks that may negatively affect the business. The perfect candidate has a solid experience in information security field working with data, experienced in scripting and has strong communicative skills.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Be the first incident responder for cybersecurity incidents and perform security incident investigations and escalations;
- Analyze network traffic, endpoint indicators, and various log sources to identify the threat, assess the potential damage, and recommend countermeasures;
- Automate the response to the IS incidents where it makes sense;
- Propose additional components and techniques that could be used to proactively detect malicious activity;
- Recommend configuration changes to improve the performance, usability, and value of Information Security tools like Anti-Virus, WAF, SIEM;
- Communicate with all levels of technology and operational staff, assist in the creation and follow methodologies, creating clear, concise deliverables.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years of experience in an Information Security role;
- Scripting in Python, Bash, or any other scripting languages;
- Advanced understanding of tools and processes used in security incident detection and handling, security threats, incident response, and security monitoring leading practices;
- Familiarity with Cloud Computing concepts, networking, web infrastructure applications, tools and processes used in security incident detection and response;
- Experience with Windows and UNIX system administration;
- Security certifications as a plus;
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment, operating 24/7/365;
- Intermediate knowledge of the English language.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Work anywhere in a remote friendly environment with flexible schedule and paid leaves;
- Friendly geo distributed team of experienced professionals, who happily joined us after working in well-known IT/product companies and perspective startups;
- Work and collaborate effectively with cross-functional compact teams which are constantly improving their tools, pipelines and working environment;
- Customer-driven development: we don't develop features without listening to our customers, each step makes the product more convenient, useful, secure and reliable for our users;
- Professional growth: we invest time and money in your career by sponsoring IT conferences, courses and trainings;
- Paid medical insurance, co-working rental, technical equipment at choice and business trips to our Manila HQ;