GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute .
This Security Engineer/Snr Security Engineer, Security Automation position is 100% remote.
It’s an exciting time to join our team. GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute .
You'll deliver automations and features for the product that will make it into the hands of our customers and internal users in this role. You don't need a background in Security! We're looking for someone with a background in feature design work for SaaS products and a desire to learn.
The culture here at GitLab is something we’re incredibly proud of. Some of the benefits you’ll be entitled to vary by the region or country you’re in. All GitLab team members are fully remote and receive a "no ask, must tell" paid-time-off policy, where we don’t count the number of days you take off annually -- instead, we focus on your results.
You can work the hours you choose, enabled by our asynchronous approach to communication . You can also expect stock options and a competitive salary. Our compensation calculator will be shared with selected candidates before any interview.
Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DIB) are fundamental to the success of GitLab. We want to infuse DIB in every way possible and in all that we do. We strive to create a transparent environment where all team members around the world feel that their voices are heard and welcomed. We also aim to be a place where people can show up as their full selves each day and contribute their best. With more than 100,000 organizations using GitLab, our goal is to have a team that is representative of our users.
You can see where we can hire in our " Country Hiring Guidelines ".
What You'll Do In This Role
- Design, engineer, deploy, and maintain custom automation products
- Build security tooling and automation for internal use that enable the Security Department to operate at high speed and wide scale
- Define and own metrics and key performance indicators to determine the effectiveness of the Security Automation program
- Collaborate with product teams to ensure that the GitLab product meets security automation requirements for ourselves and our users
- Assess automation tools and integrate tools as needed, particularly open-source tools
- Assist with recruiting activities and administrative work
- Produce quality automation code
- Assist with the design, engineering, deployment, and maintenance of custom automation products
- Assist with the evaluation of automation tools for use by the Security Automation team and Security Department
- Assist with the design and gathering of metrics data for the Security Automation program
What you need to apply
- You are a team player, and enjoy collaborating with cross-functional teams
- You employ a flexible and constructive approach when solving problems
- You share our values, and work by following those values
- You bring prior experience working with a SaaS company
- You have a passion for transparent security programs
- You are passionate about technology and automation
- You demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly on technical issues
- You can demonstrate an understanding of how to write code that is not only secure but scales to a large number of users and systems
- You bring scripting/coding experience with one or more languages - Python, Ruby, and/or Golang are the most relevant for our tech stack
- You can demonstrate knowledge of internet security issues, automation or software engineering technologies, cloud architectures, and threat landscape concepts
You'll stand out if you bring
- Familiarity with Cloud Computing Platforms - GCP experience is a plus
- Familiarity with Kubernetes
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code processes and tools
Our hiring process for this Security Engineer/ Snr Security Engineer, Security Automation position typically follows six stages. The details of this process and our leveling structure can be found on our job family page .
Country Hiring Guidelines
GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.