Hip eCommerce is searching for an innovative and entrepreneurial Seller Acquisition Specialist energized by the challenge of driving the strategy and execution of seller acquisition for our online marketplaces.
This is a full-time, remote-based position, initially working approximately 8 am to 5 pm Eastern Time Mon-Fri; and the right candidate will be
amenable to work shifting hours in the future.
About Hip eCommerce
With over 1,500 Sellers, 150,000 Members, and 10 Million Listings - it’s an exciting time at Hip eCommerce! Since our launch in 2016, we’ve now grown GMV to over $18 Million annualized across our three marketplaces: HipStamp.com, HipPostcard.com, and HipComic.com.
About the Team
As a profitable, VC-backed company, this is a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a growing team of 20+ passionate, talented, and experienced individuals. Having recently shifted to working fully remote for the foreseeable future across the entire company, we have been focusing on expanding our team worldwide, including in the US and Philippines
About the Position
Within the $200 Billion worldwide markets of collectibles, there are many unique categories. Hip eCommerce believes that by creating specific marketplaces, built from the ground up to understand how collectors browse, search and collect each type of collectible, we can deliver an exceptional customer experience for both buyers and sellers.
The right candidate will flawlessly execute the strategy and execution of seller acquisition within our Category Management team while working with key cross-functional partners in Customer Engagement, Marketing, and Technology. Having recently launched revolutionary features such as creating entire listings based solely on images through our Comic Book Image Recognition feature, you’ll leverage the unique features and power of our platforms to attract new sellers for our marketplaces.
You will be the key stakeholder of the number of sellers across our marketplaces and should be able to meet overarching goals and strategy, articulate clear performance goals, execute plans, and monitor and manage key business metrics to achieve high growth results. You will need to be a skilled negotiator and relationship builder, helping a diverse set of sellers scale with us while improving product economics.
- Proactively reach out to potential/active sellers and onboard them into the platform
- Execute seller acquisition strategies to drive seller growth and happiness
- Manage sellers onboarded and ensure healthy engagement within the platform
- Identify and develop new business opportunities and potential areas of growth
- Close coordination with the different internal stakeholders to guarantee seller efficiency
- A myriad of other tasks that come with a small and rapidly growing business
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience, preferably in e-commerce
- 1-year experience in Customer Service
- Proactive self-starter
- Proven track record of achieving and exceeding targets
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Passion for large data sets to drive strategic insights
- Ability to multi-task and work well within a dynamic organization
What You'll Get
- Competitive salary + commission.
- Unlimited personal / vacation days.
- A monthly health-care allowance.
- A monthly wellness allowance.
- A monthly Internet allowance.
- A subscription to Spotify.
- If you're interested in joining the team at Hip eCommerce, please send a cover letter, along with your resume and a portfolio of work, telling us why you'd be right for the position. As we build our team, building our culture is extremely important to us, so write to us and tell us what you’re all about!