Overview of Position:
You will be responsible for the KL Shared Service Centre (KLSSC) Accounts Payable team, and you are expected to provide support from a strategic perspective as well as ensuring the operating efficiency and effectiveness of the Accounts Payable team. This includes providing supervision and coaching to the Accounts Payable team and communicating/standardizing Accounts Payable processes within the Group, in order to meet agreed service target and deliverables.
What you will do:
- Support all integration, migration and knowledge transfer activities for new business acquisitions into the KL SSC.
- Support standardization of processes and procedures between legacy entities with new entities.
- Interact with other department and Business Unit heads to coordinate the achievement of business objectives and operational improvements.
- Drive process consistency and standardization to optimize operational efficiency & effectiveness and to identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Highlight all areas of concern for non-compliance of corporate policy and procedures.
- Identify areas of risk, and recommend solutions and best practices.
- Participate in the ongoing documentation and updating of company SOP, policy and procedure manuals.
- Ensure invoices are accurately posted with due verification per company policy and procedures.
- Ensure payments released are per approval limits and per company policy and procedures.
- Ensure month end closing for Accounts Payable function per timeline given.
- Responsible for ensuring KPIs for Accounts Payable are met, these include timely processing and payment of invoices and Query Management.
- Approach the business entities to resolve their concerns and queries in order to meet KPIs
- Support the review of vendors/supplier’s account creation, maintenance, processing of invoices, claims and payment related functions.
- Guide and assist the AP team for vendor reconciliation.
- Manage and mentor direct reports to build strong and competent team members and create efficiency and effectiveness.
- Any other duties as instructed by the AP Lead
What we need from you:
- Related job experience between 3-8 years in a shared services or relevant industry
- No specific education/qualification required
Speedcast is a leading communications and IT services provider, delivering critical communications services to the Maritime, Energy, Mining, Media, Telecom, Cruise, NGO, Government, and Enterprise sectors. The company leverages its global network platform to provide fully connected systems that harness technologies and applications to transform what remote operations can achieve. With the world’s most comprehensive network, Speedcast enables faster, seamless pole-to-pole coverage from a global hybrid satellite, fiber, cellular, microwave, MPLS, and IP transport network with direct access to public cloud platforms. The company integrates differentiated technology offerings that provide smarter ways to communicate and distribute content, manage network and remote operations, protect and secure investments, and improve the crew and guest experience. With a passionate customer focus and a strong safety culture, Speedcast serves more than 3,200 customers in over 140 countries. Learn more at www.speedcast.com.
Speedcast has successfully completed its restructuring process and emerged from chapter 11 proceedings under the ownership of Centerbridge Partners, L.P. Following Centerbridge’s USD $500 million equity investment in the company, Speedcast now has a clean balance sheet with no secured debt and a healthy cash balance, optimally positioning it as a stable, long-term partner for its employees, customers and vendors.
About Centerbridge Partners, L.P.
Centerbridge Partners, L.P. is a private investment management firm employing a flexible approach across investment disciplines—from private equity to credit and related strategies, and real estate—in an effort to find the most attractive opportunities for our investors and business partners. The Firm was founded in 2005 and as of January 31, 2021 has approximately $28 billion in capital under management with offices in New York and London. Centerbridge is dedicated to partnering with world-class management teams across targeted industry sectors and geographies to help companies achieve their operating and financial objectives. For more information, please visit www.centerbridge.com.
Working at Speedcast:
At Speedcast, we want people that like adventure. Who are motivated by work that takes uncommon ingenuity and thinking outside the box. Who relish the idea of working in an industry undergoing massive transformation. If you want to be part of a global team responsible for connecting the world, then you’re in the right place.
We're always pushing forward, never standing still. When people rely on you and your team to stay connected, it brings everyone closer together. We’re united by the adrenaline of high-stakes projects and our love of getting the job done right. You will experiment, learn and grow here, right alongside us, every single day.
Find great opportunities to make an impact. We have a "one team, one dream" mentality. We work together to make great things happen. Working at Speedcast isn't just a job, it's a career that you can take to new levels.
Top reasons why people love working at Speedcast:
- Our global presence – you get to work with clients and colleagues all over the world, in every continent
- Talented teammates – your co-workers are the best and brightest in the industry
- Industry leadership – be part of the latest advancements shaping the future of communications
- Ability to develop skills – work across departments to gain new skills and valuable experience
- Choose your environment – we have an environment to fit your temperament. Choose between a traditional desk job or work in the field.
- Grow your career - Guide your career in the direction you want. Gain new titles and responsibilities through our internal promotion system.
- Work on diverse projects – every day is different with our customers from a range of industries around the world
Speedcast does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.