Ice House is a global mobile development firm, which applies breakthrough technologies, engineering excellence, and customer insight to design and build innovative user experiences. We create engaging mobile applications with intelligent cloud solutions - leveraging our expertise in geo-fencing, advanced image recognition, beacons, customer identification and sophisticated analytics.
We are looking for people who are motivated, enthusiastic to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. They are ready to roll-up their sleeves, stay focused and get things done.
Senior Android Engineer Responsibilities
- Design and development of scalable, reliable, and testable Android applications
- Review designs and code to ensure quality and industry best practice
- Maintain, enforce, and implement common conventions, standards, and technologies
- Establish strong relationships with key leaders from other teams and demonstrate credibility, empathy and expertise on business and technical issues
- Provide technical leadership to a team of junior and staff engineers
- Work with a team of developers, designers, project managers, and other personnel to ship new features
- Continually learn about new programming languages, operating system updates, and other information that will affect the functions of applications in development
- Provide training and support to internal teams.
You Might Fit If You Have
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or scientific field. Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or IT preferred
- 4 years of relevant Android development experience with 3 full software lifecycles
- Experience with Kotlin, Java, and Android SDK. Experience in unit testing and instrumented test frameworks are a plus
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Experience in estimating scope of projects based on high level and ambiguous requirements/business goals
- Strong understanding of Android Apps architecture & implementation and full mobile development life cycle
- Published at least 2 apps in the market (live links shared).