Beat is one of the most exciting companies to ever come out of the ride-hailing space. One city at a time, all across the globe we make transportation affordable, convenient, and safe for everyone. We also help hundreds of thousands of people earn extra income as drivers.
Today we are the fastest-growing ride-hailing service in Latin America. But serving millions of rides every day pales in comparison to what lies ahead. Our plans for expansion are limitless. Our stellar engineering team operates across a number of European capitals where, right now, some of the world’s most ambitious and talented engineers are changing how cities will move in the future.
Beat is currently available in Greece, Peru, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Argentina.
About the role
Are you a Senior Android Developer who has excellent problem solving skills and loves technical challenges? If yes, then jump into our Beat team and build with us an amazing product with international reach!
Our Android team is working on some great features that are significantly improving the way people interact with our app and move in the city, and we’re ready to deploy a number of very cool new services to expand our footprint in the market.
You will get the opportunity to work on one of the most used and well liked apps in the Latin America (#1 in Transportation Category and 5 million active users). What is interesting is that you will work not only on one, but two large scale apps, both at the same time (Passenger, Driver).
Beat takes great care of all employees and your personal development is at our utmost interest. As such, a generous conference allowance is provided to help you improve your skill set and enrich your knowledge (Droidcon, KotlinConf, Google I/O).
With the various tools and communication technologies we're using, you'll feel connected to your team. Our remote workforce works East Europe Timezone hours (10am - 6pm) and has always the option to travel to our headquarters for meetings, events, and team bonding—or they can join virtually. Whatever works best for you and your work style.
What you'll do day in day out:
- Take ownership and have an impact on the product
- Assist the product team with shaping the product’s vision
- Be part of one of our agile, cross-functional teams (mobile, backend, QA, design and product)
- Be involved in designing and implementing new product ideas
- Analyze current state of the codebase, propose architectural and technological improvements, automate processes and scale the Android team
- Take full ownership of building apps from architecturing to coding, testing and publishing (minSdk 21)
- Work side by side with designers to create scalable UIs
- Coach and mentor fellow engineers
- Constantly learn, improve on your skills, share knowledge and adapt to industry-wide best practices, processes and conventions
- Experiment on pure engineering tasks that can improve the team’s day-to-day life
What you need to have:
- 3+ years of native Android app development experience
- Expert understanding of the Android ecosystem and UI building blocks
- Passion for the Android platform
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies
- Detail-oriented, focusing on writing maintainable code of high quality (Clean Code, Clean Architecture)
- Experience in developing apps with Kotlin
- Experience with Android architectural patterns (MVP, MVVM)
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- PR and code reviews expertise
- A strong sense of ownership in your work
- Experience with testing (Unit/Integration/UI Automation)
- Experience in version control and source code management platforms (Git, Github)
- You stay up to date on the latest technology, trends and keep yourself informed about best practices during app development
- Have a positive mindset, be proactive and a team player
What it's nice to have:
- Experience with MVI
- Experience with Asynchronous programming (Coroutines)
- Experience with Dependency Injection
- Experience with Geo-Location based apps
- Experience with the Jetpack family
- Experience with TDD
- Experience with Gradle and CI/CD
- Open source contributions and projects
- Active participant at meet-ups and conferences in the Android community
- Experience working with remote teams
What's in it for you:
- Competitive salary package
- Flexible working hours
- High tech equipment and top line tools
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry
- Being part of an environment that gives engineers large goals, autonomy, mentoring and creates incredible opportunities both for you and the company
Please note that you will be working as a contractor.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Beat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.