In a constantly changing world, we work together with our people, clients and communities to enable them to fulfill their potential to do great things. We believe that by bringing everyone together, we can solve problems using innovative technology that can create a world that is sustainable and secure. At NTT, we encourage you to remain continuously curious, as that is what keeps you fast, flexible and relevant. No two days will be the same but that is what will help you grow and realize your full potential.
The power is in your hands to do great things. It’s time to lead the change, be the authentic you, to solve difficult challenges, to set the pace of change and to unleash your potential.
Want to be a part of our team?
The Senior Associate Accountant: Financial receives direction from the Financial Manager and deals with low complexity accounting functions.
Their primary objective is to assist with the management, reconciliation and collection of outstanding amounts from clients, prepare financial reports, process journal entries, process the accounting month end, prepare balance sheet reconciliations and provide assistance to the accounts payable function.
Develops, implements and/or maintains one or more accounting systems: Journal entries, General Ledger, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payable, Revenue Reconciliation, etc. Reviews and interprets financial reporting requirements, rules and regulations. Balances books and prepares profit and loss, cash flow, income and balance sheet statements. Monitors and develops monthly reports of revenues and expenditures for projects. Provides record of assets, liabilities and other financial transactions. May prepare federal, state and local reports and tax returns. May assist in the setup of processes and procedures that properly capture, track and report revenue, including deferred revenue, in accordance with the company revenue recognition policy. May generate revenue reports for internal and/or external use. May interpret reports and records for managers/stakeholders. May be involved in reviewing, tracking and maintaining billing information in the financial systems, ensuring accuracy and compliance with U.S. GAAP and other accounting regulations
Working at NTT
Key Roles And Responsibilities
- Assist with the management of the accounts receivable function for an assigned business unit.
- Assist with the processing of month-end activities which includes the preparation and processing of month-end journal entries, processing loan and bank account entries and reconciling these accounts and executing a variety of actions in the accounting system.
- Perform cash management and produce the bank reconciliations for company bank accounts and process all the necessary bank account entries required.
- Be responsible for the preparation of all month end and relevant reporting.
- Ensure tax compliance including determining and managing sales tax compliance.
- Support the credit vetting process by ensuring that new accounts are opened in line with financial procedures.
- Assist with the collection of outstanding amounts and resolve all client and vendor related queries.
- Assist with the implementation, control and monitoring of periodic compliance testing.
- Assist in the management of overall financial forecasting processes.
- Ensure financial records comply with company policies and accounting principles.
- Ensure accuracy of regulatory calculations and submissions.
- Ensure correct allocations of payments and general ledger journal postings.
- Ensure accurate preparation of monthly accounts within specified deadlines.
- Obtain the necessary approval for general journals processed.
Knowledge, Skills And Attributes
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to self-manage
- Display good planning and organising ability
- Demonstrate good attention to detail
- Deadline driven individuals who contribute to the success of the team
- Able to cope with stressful situations
- Able to deal with different individuals at all levels in the organisation
- Take own initiative and have a solutions-orientated approach
- Maintain a high standard of accuracy and quality
- Proactive approach with the ability to think ahead in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and be a knowledge expert
Academic Qualifications And Certifications
- General Qualification in Accounting (Degree)
- Moderate experience in a similar position in a related environment
- Experience working with accounting software
What will make you a good fit for the role?
Standard Career Level Descriptor For Job Level
Develops professional experience
Applies policy and procedures to solve variety of issues
Problems are moderate in nature
Build productive internal and external working relationships
Receives general instructions on routine work
Receives detailed instructions on new work
Typically needs a Bachelor’s or equivalent and entry or basic level experience; or an advanced or equivalent degree without experience; or equivalent work experience
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with us. Apply today.
Equal opportunity employer
NTT is proud to be an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to providing an environment free of unfair discrimination and harassment. We do not discriminate based on age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, veteran status, or other protected category.