Ice House is a global mobile development firm, which applies breakthrough technologies, engineering excellence, and customer insight to design and build innovative user experiences. We create engaging mobile applications with intelligent cloud solutions–leveraging our expertise in geo-fencing, advanced image recognition, beacons, customer identification and sophisticated analytics.
We are looking for people who are motivated, enthusiastic to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. They are ready to roll-up their sleeves, stay focused and get things done.
Senior Backend Engineer Responsibilities
- Design, develop, and maintain backend systems within Ice House projects
- Review designs and code to ensure quality and industry best practice
- Design and develop logical and scalable data models across a variety of business domains
- Maintain and enforce common conventions, standards, and technologies
- Establish strong relationships with key leaders from other teams and demonstrate credibility, empathy and expertise on business and technical issues
- Provide technical leadership to project activities to ensure solutions are being implemented per approved design
- Work within a team of developers, designers, project managers, and other personnel to ship new features
- Continually learn about new programming languages, technologies, and platforms that will affect the functions of applications in development
- Provide training and support to internal teams
- Provide support for system administrators during the deployment process.
You Might Be a Fit If You Have
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or scientific field. Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or IT preferred
- 4 years of relevant software development experience with 3 full software lifecycles.
- Experience in several of these programming languages/platforms: Golang, Kotlin and Java
- Proficient in Object-Oriented/Functional Programming, REST API, and Design Patterns
- Experience in backend build & deployment, database design, and building scalable systems
- Experience in estimating scope of projects based on high level and ambiguous requirements/business goals a
- Excellent working knowledge of architecture patterns and familiar with unit, functional, and integrated testing
- Ability to supervise and give mentoring/coaching to your team
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English.