Are you looking to find an opportunity to work on emerging technologies to design and develop products that a lot of people use? Does working on new web and mobile technologies excite you? If your answer is yes to these questions, then Portonics is the right place for you!
Who We Are
Portonics is a global organization working in the US, Europe, Emerging Asia such as Thailand, Bangladesh, Myanmar, and other countries. We are an agile team who are very passionate about what we build.
We build digital products and solutions which enable brands across the region to make new kinds of interactions with their customers possible. Portonics works very closely with leading global corporations and companies in the telecom, payments, e-commerce, financial sectors.
Our mission is to create digital transformation across the world with technological innovations.
We focus on flat culture to encourage people’s passions in the fields they love to work in. Everybody gets a chance to work on the parts of product development they are passionate about. Our teams are highly capable and make teamwork a breeze.
We design to reduce/automate processes to make products better! We leverage open-source technologies and extend them to create amazing solutions. As a digital transformation team, we are big on Dev, DevOps culture, and collaboration.
Business Analysts at Portonics are experts that build the bridge between technology and product development internally and externally with our clients for both in-house projects and external projects.
We are scaling up in Thailand! Portonics is expanding rapidly in the South Asian markets as we love working in emerging markets to solve problems and create digital solutions to empower end-users.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Working in collaboration with other teams designing new products, features in the digital space. You may be working with product owners, business analysts, technical team members, legal, etc to create proposals, technical, non-technical, design requirements.
- Defining ways of work and models with project managers for your product to see what style works best for the product and the team (Sprints/Kanban, etc.)
- Determine the best testing approach and partner with the QA team to support testing of functionality of the products to meet evolving client requirements;
- Planning and working collaboratively with different teams to come up with yearly roadmaps for the products.
- Working closely with Project Management and Technical teams to plan sprints/timelines and roadmaps.
- Supporting Engineering and relevant teams with domain knowledge.
- Gathering requirements, understanding, analyzing, and documenting them;
- Maintaining and knowing feature details and efforts with technical teams for planning development and timelines.
- Working closely with key stakeholders to communicate design/product and project strategy;
- 3+ years industry experience including working with a software engineering team or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience;
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field;
- Understanding or hands-on experience in software development and web/mobile technologies;
- Experience in product development skills such as (wireframing, writing user stories, technical documentation, etc.) to actively participate in designing the user experience of the products;
- Experience with Project Management Software such as JIRA, Asana, or similar;
- Ability to analyze opportunities & problems, recommend solutions, and communicate effectively & confidently (both verbal and written);
- Self Motivation - we like to work with people who are passionate about their work;
- A positive, team-oriented attitude and inspiring leadership skills are a must;
- We are looking for honest, dedicated, and responsible individuals who are passionate and love working on developing products;
Good to have
- Experience in SCRUM and KANBAN and other development methodologies would be a bonus;
- Any past experience in large-scale project/product development is a bonus;
Things to consider
- This is a full-time position
- We're a global team working in different countries. Language Proficiency in both Thai & English is required.
- The position is going to be WFH mostly until things are safe, and we will still prefer remote work for now. We will be planning to go into offices on a hybrid model when safe and are flexible.
- You will get the opportunity to work on some of the largest and highest traffic applications and software services.
- Must be based in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Work from home, Five days a week, Annual Bonus
Business Analysts will be intrapreneurs who will work with business partners and clients to understand the requirements and guide the development team in delivering the projects.
- We never compromise with ethics.
- We like working hard but also want to have fun while working; If you are not having fun we reassess our approach to the solution through communication and improvement plans continuously.
- Everyone has unique talents, skills, and experiences. We work with people we can learn from and also contribute.
- Founded in 2010, currently 100+ people
- Offices in Bangkok, Bangladesh, US.
- Pioneering Financial Inclusion with Payment Gateway and other services.
- We manage products that have over 40M+ users.
- We embrace cultural diversity and an open and inclusive work environment. Our teams are from diverse backgrounds and nationalities.
Office Location: RSU Tower, Suite 805, 571 Sukhumvit Road, Watthana, Bangkok 10110