Ceridian is a global leader in Human Capital Management technology. Simply put, we allow our customers to do the most complex things well (HR, Payroll, Benefits Administration, Workforce Management and Talent Management) and do them to scale.
Makes Work Life Better™ is our brand promise, not only to our customers, but to our employees as well. Our flagship platform, Dayforce, helps leaders make smart decisions based on data, strategy and intelligence that create value and maximize productivity.
How do we make work life better?
- By delivering an award-winning product, conceptualized and developed by award-winning leaders, that result in award-winning customer employee experiences
- By hiring highly innovative, diverse talent that fully embraces and embodies our core values in everything they do: Customer Focus, Equity, Shared Ambition, Agility, Transparency, Optimism
- By using modern technology, such as voice-activation with Dayforce Assistant and access to your money as soon as you earn it with Dayforce Wallet to stay in rhythm with the evolving demands of our 4 million global users
We understand that no matter where you are, choosing a new employer is always one of life’s most stressful events. We encourage you to check us out at Ceridian.com to learn more about how we are impacting the world of work for our customers, employees and you!
Location: For this role, we are open to remote work and can hire anywhere in Philippines or Malaysia.
About The Opportunity
The Configuration System Analyst Sr is primarily responsible for providing Configuration Management, Incident Management, Deployment and Infrastructure support for all Dayforce software solutions. This role embraces a first point of contact support opportunity to work closely with internal Support, Development, QA, Performance and other Product & Technology (P&T) and Services teams for the setup, deployment, and maintenance of Ceridian’s Dayforce award-winning SaaS Solution to deliver client environments in accordance with SLA’s and client priorities. The Configuration Management Analyst Sr will combine excellent technical and functional skills with a keen business sense to deliver top notch client-focused support to ensure maximum uptime for customers on our platform. This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing innovator in next-generation Workforce Management & Payroll solutions in a technically challenging and rewarding role. Through our training and mentoring program, you will develop deep technical expertise and gain valuable business and industry related experience. The ideal candidate will be part of a team that supports the global landscape of the Ceridian customer base across our data centers in the US, Canada, the UK, and Australia.
What you’ll get to do
- Setting up and managing Dayforce environments across various data centers
- Responsible for infrastructure requirement planning for all new major releases (e.g. server build requests, server resource capacity (disk, CPU, memory, OS etc.)
- Responsible for rigorously verifying environment readiness prior to production use (e.g. sign off testing, setting up staging environment, configuring Octopus deployment workflows etc.)
- Setup, configure automated deployment of Dayforce builds on Octopus Deploy
- Implement alerts to proactively monitor production health using metrics and log messages.
- Assist Services team with Dayforce Hosting configuration (e.g. SFTP, access, automation tools etc.
- Ensure documentation of all platform architecture, design, analysis and operational work
- Assist internal Ceridian users and Ceridian Customers through Configuration Management tasks within the prescribed SLAs (e.g. application troubleshooting, backfills, upgrades, access, creation etc.)
- Ensure best practices across process (e.g. client communication, general ticket handling guidelines.)
- Actively promote use of available automation tools with internal users to minimize ticket logging (e.g. Toolbox workshops, documentation and facilitating learning sessions etc.)
- Analyze and prioritize incidents, ensuring that the best practice incident management processes and guidelines are being followed
- Analyze and troubleshoot solutions by using AppDynamics, Azure monitor and other monitoring tools such as PRTG, Pingdom etc.
- Ensure ticket handling guidelines are being followed (e.g. first response, appropriate ticket classification, prompt routing of non-CM related tickets, regular update cadence, concise communication including direct phone call interaction to reduce forth and back email practices etc.)
- Follow strict adherence to escalation guidelines for Dayforce and go-live impacting incidents
- Liaise with various internal stakeholders (e.g. Hosting, Development, Support etc.) for incident resolution through workarounds or permanent fixes
- Liaise with Product and Technology ( P&T) teams for major incident resolution and participate in Post Incident Reviews, Root Cause Analysis meetings.
Deployment and Infrastructure Support
- Own the end-to-end process of delivering Dayforce hotfixes, upgrades and supporting production infrastructure changes.
- Handle customer communication regarding planned maintenance, unplanned outages and respond to client inquiries regarding upgrades and network changes etc.
- Responsible for all internal notifications.
- Responsible for pre and post deployment checks (e.g. validate build versions, troubleshooting and fixing upgrade script failures, application smoke testing etc.)
- Provide technical assistance to analysts to address any deployment issues (e.g. upgrade script failures, environment availability).
- Participate in a weekly on-call rotation for scheduled maintenances during week-ends and off hours.
- Ensure best practices across process (e.g. upgrade checklists, quality controls etc.)
- Provide assistance to application support analysts with troubleshooting issues and expected to follow all escalation and triage process.
- Respond to and address alerts generated by our monitoring systems
- Create, update and maintain deployment checklist and procedures on the Wiki.
- Liaise with P&T teams for overall infrastructure health checks and issues.
- Identify Automation opportunities across a host of projects to reduce manual work where possible
- Collaborate, coordinate and negotiate with P&T teams to create automated approaches and scripts to eliminate manual work in deployment and monitoring tasks.
What’s In It For You
- Encouragement to be the best version of yourself at and away from work:
- YOUnity diversity and inclusion programs
- Amazing time away from work programs
- Support for your total well-being through our Live Well, Work Well programs targeting all aspects of your life
- Recognition for your contributions through excellent pay, perks, and rewards
- Giving where you’re living: volunteer days, Ceridian sponsored events, and our very own charity, Ceridian Cares
- Opportunities to fuel your career growth through numerous internal and external programs and events
Skills And Experience We Value
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant software/computer related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in supporting and maintaining enterprise applications for a global software company
- Experience working with configuration management tools
- SQL Server Administration (SQL 2012 - 2019)
- T-SQL Programming
- Backup Management
- Windows Server Administration (Windows 2012 - 2019)
- File Sharing & Permissions
- Performance Analysis
- FTP Server Management
- Monitoring Tools
- Visual Studio
- Experience with automation tools (e.g Octopus Deploy)
- Strong automation skills and hands-on scripting experiences with Powershell, T-SQL
- Microsoft Azure certifications is a plus
- Experience with cloud hosted platforms (SaaS Model)
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Proficiency with SQL and an understanding of relational database system
- Experience in defining and improving software processes
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider and embrace ALL individuals and what makes them unique. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success. We encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by a Ceridian Recruiter with a @ceridian.com email directly from our organization.