Do you design Kubernetes clusters in your sleep? Do you dream of containers everywhere? If so then you might just be the next person to join our growing Cloud Native Consulting team! As a Cloud Native Consultant you will be required to work closely with customers to understand their business needs and apply your deep technical knowledge of enterprise-ready cloud native solutions.
The Cloud Native Consultant will help to architect and implement cloud native solutions using VMware’s TANZU technology. Your skills will enable you to be a trusted advisor to our customers with regards to their container-based architecture. We are looking for an innovative and motivated individual who can work closely with diverse teams. You will bring your knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to deliver quality outcomes that meet VMware customer’s requirements.
- Architecting solutions using VMware’s TANZU basic and standard
- Driving platform adoption by working with customer application teams to assist them embrace modern practices around developer workflow, application enhancements, build and packaging, application lifecycle, and observability
- Deploying and operationalizing platforms built on Kubernetes by designing for storage integration, container networking, service routing, observability, and platform security
- Promoting the adoption of automation techniques and DevOps practices to improve the infrastructure and software life cycle including infrastructure and application uptime, availability, and time-to-market
- Participating in mentoring and knowledge transfer to customers
- Supporting a written culture and contribute to our technical content library
- Serving as an effective member of the broader Open Source and Modern Applications ecosystem, contributing to Kubernetes SIG’s, Meetups and similar
- Working effectively with a remote and distributed team.
Required Skills / Experience
- 5+ years’ experience with design and implementation of distributed systems architectures on private or public cloud infrastructure
- 2+ years of experience designing container-based solutions using Kubernetes
- Familiarity with programming concepts and general SDLC practices
- Robust proficiency in Linux & CLI with 1-2 years of experience in VM infrastructure
- Understanding of the latest cloud trends and best practices, including Cloud-Native, DevOps and infrastructure-as-code principles
- Experience in a customer-facing capacity, support, or consulting role
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel as required.
Preferred Or Helpful Skills / Experience
- Experience presenting to small and large audiences (Executives, Management & Developers)
- Experience with cloud service provider offerings like Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies such as vSphere, and vCenter.
- Experience implementing a continuous integration (CI) or continuous development (CD) pipeline
- Some experience using logging and monitoring tools like Prometheus, Grafana, or Kibana
- B.S./M.S. degree, equivalent technical training or significant industry experience well regarded.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Note: Due to COVID-19, some client interactions may be remote, with the expectation that face-to-face engagement with customers will be resumed once the crisis is resolved. At a future date, you may be expected to travel up to 50% of the time.
Category : Services and Consulting
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-09-02
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.