Quadrant is a location data and technology company that helps data professionals obtain and utilise high-quality authentic mobile location and point-of-interest data. Quadrant’s mission is to bring trust and visibility into the data space. While data has the potential to greatly improve businesses and products, volume alone is not enough. Quadrant uses blockchain solution to move the industry forward and enable big data users to solve big problems.
As part of Quadrant’s Data Science team, you will be provided ample opportunities to work with mobile location and point-of-interest data. You will be building models and algorithms on location data and propose recommendations for solutions to real world problems. The more curious you are, the more you love to take challenges, the more you will learn with us.
All this data must come from somewhere and go somewhere, right? In this role, you will also be exposed to how a data transaction platform operates. You’ll be working closely with all facets of the company and learning about the overall location data economy with us.
Requirements and Qualifications
- 2 - 4 years of experience in Data Science preferably in the location or geospatial data.
- Strong coding skills with flexibility to switch programming languages.
- Exposure to machine learning, mathematical or statistical skills.
- Optional Knowledge in at least one of the following: GIS, Big data frameworks like PySpark, Apache Spark framework, exposure to AWS services, location algorithms.
- Team player with good communication skills.
- Passionate to learn new technologies and develop creative ideas.
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The candidate will work with the core team building models or algorithms to solve real world problems.
- The candidate will be provided with business questions and is expected to provide suggestions or recommendations on the how the problem should be solved technically.
- The candidate will build algorithms and deploy in AWS Ecosystem.
- The candidate will also work closely with the commercial team and discuss on the problems in location space.
- The candidate would work on RnD projects.
- Periodic reporting or presentation to the core team on learning points while building algorithms.
- Develop detailed project plans, timelines, and work flows to ensure timely completion.
- Take ownership and perform ad-hoc analysis tasks.
- Work with an ambitious and growing startup team.
- Direct interaction and learning from the executive team.
- Directly contributing to real world problems and making an impact.
- A friendly work-life balance flexible culture.
- We encourage the candidate’s creativity and his/her feedbacks during the tenure will be valued.