Shopify is the leading omni-channel commerce platform. Merchants use Shopify to design, set up, and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including mobile, web, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides merchants with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business, from payments to shipping. The Shopify platform was engineered for reliability and scale, making enterprise-level technology available to businesses of all sizes. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Shopify currently powers over 1,000,000 businesses in approximately 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Allbirds, Gymshark, PepsiCo, Staples, and many more.
Developers at Shopify have the creative freedom to make a real difference in the world of commerce, the support to bring your authentic self to work, and the chance to work with the best in the business. As one of them, you will leverage your skills and experience to solve tough problems with performant code.
This role will be part of the Merchant Services - Channels team, and you'll be working across disciplines to build incredible merchant-facing products and developer-facing tools.
This role can be based anywhere in Singapore, Japan, or India, and will be working closely with our R&D teams in APAC and Canada.
- A product-minded developer who cares about the "Why" - Why build this feature? How will we measure impact?
- A generalist (or a T-shaped developer) excited by problems that require a mix of frontend and backend skills and unblocking anything that stands in the way of success.
- A strong foundation of design principles, especially when it relates to platform development in the areas of API, data modeling, and scale
- Experience in writing automated tests as part of your development workflow (even better if you do it TDD)
- A passion for efficiency and collaboration, with a history of establishing great relationships with other teams, across offices, and time zones
- The curiosity and passion to constantly learn new things; Shopify changes fast, and we need the people who work here to be able to change and learn fast too
- Experience using technologies and frameworks like (but not limited to) some of our most-used languages — Ruby on Rails, GraphQL, Java/JEE, Node.js, PHP, Python — is an asset, but not required. Don’t have experience with many of them? No problem — deep experience with any object-oriented language and willingness to learn our tech stack goes a long way. (Also: Check out our StackShare here.)
- Bonus Points: You’ve mentored teammates on new ways to deepen their technical craft
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application.