SORAMITSU is a Japanese technology company delivering blockchain-based solutions for enterprises, universities, and governments. From the creation of domestic and cross-border payment systems, to the development of our own decentralized autonomous economy, our projects and use case studies represent the next-generation of fintech. In 2020, Soramitsu was recognized by Central Banking as the "Central Bank Digital Currency Partner of the Year". We have many widely recognized projects in both enterprise/institutional and crypto, including Bakong, Hyperledger IROHA, Polkaswap, Fearless Wallet, KAGOME, FUHON, and of course, SORA. You can familiarize yourself with our various activities by visiting our homepage.
This is a remote position, though we do maintain physical offices in Japan, Russia, Thailand, Cambodia, and Switzerland - which you would be welcome to stop by if you're in one of those regions.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Senior DevOps Engineer. This position is for someone who is looking to expand their career by working on a large scale, service infrastructure. As a DevOps Engineer, you are expected to act as a leader to create an effective process, meeting ITIL standards.
You’ll work closely with various developers in supporting new services as well as being the operations expert and development engineer that launches and maintains our services in a production environment. This is an opportunity to enhance your career with FinTech domain experience.
- More than 2 years of experience as a DevOps Engineer (or a similar position) working with large-scale, online applications
- Proficient in scripting languages
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Able to work flexible hours including weekends or off-hours
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Business-level English (written and spoken)
- Linux systems administration
- CI/CD tools and practices
- Running and managing (micro)services in a cloud e.g. AWS
- Version control systems
- Setup and maintenance k8ts cluster or Amazon EKS
- Deploy application to k8ts
Proficient in database management (RDMS, NoSQL)
Security mechanisms and best practices (authentication/authorization, SSL/TLS, encryption schemes) Basic networking (DNS, firewall, tunneling)