Help us catch bad guys with math.
Although there is a lot of uncertainty in the market today, especially considering the COVID-19 crisis, we are set up to accommodate fully remote work, and a fully virtual interview, selection, and onboarding process.
Our Cloud Operations team is a fast, agile and energetic team of DevOps Engineers that are hyper-focused on using the latest cloud technologies to enable SaaS solutions to run in an automated, reliable, scalable and predictable manner.
As an engineer who has seen some of this before, you know that it takes more than just installing software into AWS to do this successfully. As a member of our team, you will help build, test, and run the necessary infrastructure to automate, deploy, monitor, scale-up/down, backup and manage the hosted offering in a way that is as automatic and scalable as our core software is!
We’re looking for people that are capable of enhancing our team’s ability to build, test and run the necessary infrastructure to automate, deploy, monitor, scalp/down, backup and manage the hosted offering in a way that is automatic and scalable as our core software is!
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Work with others in the Cloud Operations team, including the Team Lead, to organize, prioritize, estimate and effort the work using agile-based methodologies.
- Evaluate, implement and test the deployment, monitoring, scaling and administrative and cloud release pipeline infrastructure for the cloud-hosted deployment of Interest.
- Build and document the procedures and policies around cloud systems.
- Help manage the hosted environment, respond to outages and defects, and iteratively improve the system.
In order to be considered, you must be able to demonstrate:
- Working knowledge/experience with data pipelines and transformations using technologies such as EC2, S3, Lambda, and SQS.
- Working knowledge/experience and strategies for deployment, capacity planning, sizing and meeting RTO and RPO targets.
- Working knowledge/experience on cost reduction, operational challenges and automation strategies using technologies such as EMR and CloudWatch.
We suspect our next hire will have the following skills and experience:
- At least two years of background and experience with Linux/Unix administration, command line, and scripting.
- Working experience with source control solutions like git.
- Working understanding of Jenkins and pipelines.
- Experience with the orchestration of infrastructure and software deployments using Terraform, SaltStack, Puppet, Chef or Ansible.
- At least one year of experience with building and running cloud-based solutions for Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure.
- Working understanding of Python, bash and java programming.
- Proficiency and knowledge of networking, security, routing, and firewalls.
- Working knowledge of virtualization technologies with Docker/Kubernetes, VMware, etc.
- Proficiency with AWS services including Lambda, EC2, EMR, SQS, S3, Route 53, ECS, CloudWatch, etc. an asset.
Interset is an equal opportunity employer. Should you require accommodation in any aspect of our selection process, please contact our recruitment team at hiring (at) interset (dot) com.
We use big data and advanced behavioural analytics to detect and prevent the theft of intellectual property...simply put, we catch bad guys with math. Part of the Micro Focus group of companies, we are a fast-paced, all hands on deck kind of environment where you are respected and listened to from day one. We have a startup feel within the stability and structure of a large global company. We hire people with a wide scope of knowledge and experience that want to jump into self-organizing, cross-functional teams. We manage our own schedules, we support our teammates, and we always make time for fun.