Do you have deep experience in large-scale software development? Can you look at complex software development processes and find ways to simplify? Do you still love the technology, even though you are an executive now?
The most important pillar of our company is software engineering. Most companies engineer software product-by-product, inevitably delivering different quality results for each product. We have built a software engineering platform that delivers the same high-quality standards for every product, with a release every week.
We have over one hundred software products on our platform, and we are acquiring more all the time. This job is all about designing and improving the way we develop software, which naturally improves the quality of every product we make.
You’ll learn how to build a world-leading software development platform in our revolutionary, fully remote work environment. We have built our platform the same way Tesla approaches building cars. As Elon Musk has stated, what really matters is the machine that builds the machine - the platform - which is at least two orders of magnitude harder than the product itself.
Joining us is a great career move! You will literally be helping to build the future of work, to a level of quality that exceeds the global standards you’ll find anywhere else. Apply now to start your long-term career path with us!
What You Will Be Doing
- Deep-Diving into our software development platform, analyzing quality failures and improvement opportunities all the way to the technical root cause. Sometimes you will do your own deep-dive analysis. More often, you will be reviewing the analysis done by less experienced executives, looking for patterns and providing coaching to improve the quality of your team’s work.
- Making important technical decisions that improve the quality of every product in our portfolio. You’ll start with deep analysis of specific product issues, then look for platform-wide opportunities to fix the issue not just once, but permanently and for every product.
What You Won’t Be Doing
- You will not be doing project management. We create clear roles, structure the work, and leverage automation to eliminate project management overhead.
- You will not be doing HR and administrative management. We have systematized the work activities of every role, so you can focus on the execution of your important decisions. You’ll be amazed at how effectively the Engineering team carries out your direction!
- You will not be overseeing steady-state operations. This is a continuous improvement role. You’ll never stop making the platform better!
Senior Director Of Engineering Key Responsibilities
- Review and approve deep dive analyses from less experienced executives
- Provide coaching to the executive team, to improve the quality of their analysis
- Make important technical decisions to improve the quality of the entire software development platform
- Technical/quantitative university degree
- Hands-on software development experience… and still super technical
- Executive experience running enterprise software development
- Experience in a shared-services or centralized environment
Crossover has been a pioneer of the remote work model since our inception in 2010 - helping thousands of people find great work opportunities. We focus on full-time, long-term work - not short-term "gigs" or freelancing side jobs. Most of our positions are within a large and growing portfolio of software companies. Since we focus on remote work, our openings can be filled globally and pay standardized compensation rates, regardless of where you choose to live.
Join the thousands of professionals that have partnered with Crossover to explore new opportunities and find their dream job. Go to www.crossover.com/testimonials to read their stories. Better yet, write your own story!
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
- You will be paired up with one of our recruiting specialists who can answer questions you might have about the process, role, or company, and help you get to the final interview step.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form - by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just visit https://jobs.crossover.com directly, search for this job, and click “Apply”. You will be prompted to reset your password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-3104-SG-Singapor-SeniorDirector.003