MIT Technology Review Insights is the custom publishing division of MIT Technology Review, the world’s longest-running technology magazine, backed by the world’s foremost technology institution. This division conducts qualitative and quantitative research and analysis in the US and abroad and publishes a wide variety of content. And through its growing Global Insights Panel, MIT Technology Review Insights has unparalleled access to senior-level executives, innovators, and thought leaders worldwide for surveys and in-depth interviews.
To grow its custom content business, MIT Technology Review is now looking for a Senior editor, custom content.
We are looking for a skilled professional with editorial and research experience to play a key role in the expansion of MIT Technology Review Insights.
You will use your deep knowledge of technology, business, and emerging markets to support the growth of MIT Technology Review’s content solutions business and its high-quality custom portfolio which includes sponsored reports, articles, podcasts, and annual initiatives such as the Green Future Index (https://www.technologyreview.com/gfi).
This role will function as an external ambassador for MIT Technology Review’s thought-leadership practice, sharing our viewpoints while ensuring the commercial success of the unit.
As part of an existing editorial team, you will provide editorial and project management in support of the business unit’s initiatives, and you will work with the sales team and clients to produce and deliver sponsored content to senior executives the world over.
Preferably based in Singapore, the successful candidate will be hired full-time via a locally-licensed employment agency.
Principal duties and responsibilities
The Senior editor - custom content will:
- Manage the production and delivery of select sponsored content projects in close partnership with the Editorial director.
- Deliver products that meet the editorial standards of the MIT Technology Review brand.
- Meet with clients; build and sustain client relationships, especially in Asia.
- Develop MIT Technology Review Insights’ reputation as a leasing sectoral research house.
- Write and edit content including producing social media posts, newsletters, and similar media in connection with the launch of sponsored content.
- Edit briefing papers and reports.
- Assist members of the sales teams to secure sponsored deals.
- Present at and moderate highly interactive C-Suite discussions and conferences.
This role reports to the Editorial director - Int’l, with a dotted line to the local business development person.
Qualifications & skills
- B.A. in English, Communications, or related fields from a top academic institution.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience as an analyst and/or writer/editor at leading B2B research houses or consulting firms or equivalent experience.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The ability to make connections and facilitate stimulating discussions.
- Authoritative and dynamic public speaking skills.
- Proven detail-orientation and follow-through.
- Strong digital and social media skills/experience.
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to roll up sleeves to get the job done under tight timelines.
- Deep knowledge in how technology affects society and business, especially for the Asia Pacific region.
- Wide-ranging knowledge of the business environments in Asia and globally.
- A strong network in the business and media sphere is highly desirable.
- Ability to travel if/as necessary.
Interested applicants should send their cover letter and resume to Nico Crepaldi, VP of Insights at [email protected]