Senior Flutter Engineer
Term: Long term contract
Location: South East Asia (Remote home-based)
Car Next Door has been growing on average 100% a year since 2015. We are the fifth-largest peer-to-peer car-sharing platform in the world and are on a mission to fundamentally change the way people think about transport. Since starting we have grown our community to more than 4,000+ cars being shared with over 150,000+ members.
Our fast growth and market position has been recently recognised by:
- 2020 - Financial Times High-Growth Companies Asia-Pacific 500
- 2019 - Australian Growth Company Awards, winner - Company to watch
- 2019 - Deloitte Technology Fast 50
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated Senior Flutter Engineer to join our highly experienced and mission-driven development team as we scale up. You're a team player with a high degree of personal accountability, who loves shipping polished products optimised for the end-user experience. Your expertise and contributions will help drive our technical strategy and the direction of the platform as we grow to reach the greater Australian market and beyond. This is a full-time contract role with an immediate start, working remotely.
As a home-based worker, we require you to have a strong internet connection, with appropriate technology (computer and headset). Car Next Door has operated a remote team for many years with fairly established processes, practices, and tools to make you and the team successful.
As a part of the team, you’ll be:
- Working as a member of our tactical, cross-functional team, tasked with building a cross-platform flutter app. Examples of features include camera and mapping integrations, integrating & optimising third-party plugins, and ensuring speedy app performance & device compatibility.
- Contributing to the direction of our technical environment and development practices through the creation of business cases, and building test campaigns
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Advanced Flutter (2+ years) & Dart (3+ years) experience
- Experience building, deploying, testing, and supporting mobile apps from the ground up
- The ability to develop and maintain CI/CD tools and processes for mobile apps
- Experience ensuring device coverage, unit testing, and operability
- Familiarity with UI principles and patterns
- An agile mindset, and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and requirements
- Pride in your work and a desire to contribute to a team of dedicated and talented people
- Alignment with our mission and a passion to get involved