Award-winning WiseBread.com is looking for a senior front-end developer. Must have 4+ years web app building experience (at least 2 years in PHP and JS). You’ll manage a remote team in building public-facing web apps that help consumers compare financial products (think Nerdwallet).
You will be working with management on the west coast of USA (Pacific timezone), and working with remote developers in the Philippines. Must have excellent English verbal and written communication. Must be willing to be available for meetings with management between 10am-7pm Pacific timezone.
We offer competitive compensation. You’ll be working from home but will get plenty of support (and dog selfies) from our friendly staff via Slack and Skype. This is a telecommute position with flexible schedule — you can work from home from anywhere.
- You will be the lead developer responsible for the entire pipeline of creating web apps in an agile environment — from creating technical specs, coding it (alongside your dev team), testing, documentation, deployment, and maintenance.
- You will manage a team of talented remote developers and work with a management team on the west coast of USA. Must enforce best practices for software development — e.g. code that’s easy to support, well commented/documented, and follow our coding standards. Must have excellent online communication skills. Must be available for scheduled phone calls with management between 10am-7pm Pacific timezone.
- You’ll be our go-to troubleshooter for front end problems, including fixing tracking issues with ad networks (API/web service integration) and HTML/PHP/JS/CSS bug fixes.
- Strongly prefer you have deployed in production a high-performance, scalable and public-facing scalable web application using PHP and JS.
- Extensive experience hand coding vanilla HTML/PHP/JS/CSS.
- Familiarity with every part of the LAMP stack — enough to to know how each technology is suppose to behave and how each technology’s malfunction may affect your web app. Working knowledge of SQL required. Familiarity with caching services (e.g., Memcached, Varnish, CDN) preferred.
- Understanding of unit testing and E2E testing concepts. Experience with PHPUnit, Mocha, BrowserStack, Selenium WebDriver or Cypress.io a plus.
- Experience working with 3rd-party APIs that use JSON/REST/XML/SOAP. Even better if experience is with an ad platform’s API (e.g., Facebook, Adwords, etc).
- Experience working in a team-based development environment. Familiar with code branching methods (e.g., Gitflow Workflow) and software containers (e.g., Docker).
- Solid understanding of responsive design, and common solutions for cross-browser, device and platform issues. Passion for UI/UX a plus.
We offer competitive salary, benefits including paid holidays and vacation, and opportunity to work in your pajamas!