About Tomorrow’s Education
Tomorrow’s Education is an early-stage Edtech startup based in Berlin founded by serial entrepreneurs, Christian Rebernik and Dr. Thomas Funke. Our vision is to redesign education and educate and empower the leaders to tackle the greatest challenges of tomorrow together.
We believe that one of the biggest challenges in education is the way of teaching itself. Therefore we are challenging the old teacher-oriented approach of the traditional universities, by shifting to a student-centric approach.
We want to provide our students with a unique opportunity to gain the relevant skills and mindset and then leverage their impact through a global network.
At Tomorrow’s Education, we leverage science and technology for effective learning and foster a global community for continuous growth and impact. With us, students learn by applying their knowledge to real-life challenges and interacting with world-class educators, mentors, and partners from all around the world.
About the position:
As Senior Fullstack Engineer (m/f/d) you will work remotely in a German startup and your goals are to be a great team member, support in building up and further developing the Engineering department of Tomorrow’s Education in close collaboration with the Engineering Lead and provide the company with full support on the issues related to the software development business requirements. Your main tasks will include:
- Integrate and evolve our back office tools and UI with core product services. Experience in integrating API services using some or more of TypeScript, Node, GraphQL, React, HTML, CSS, Lambdas and Micro Services;
- Design, evolve and extend or content magemant system. Experience with some or more a CMS (we use Strapi), React, HTML, CSS, Typescript and/or Ecmascript;
- Contribute to our core product (web application) user interface. Experience with some or more of React, HTML CSS, Typescript and GraphQL.
You should have knowledge and experience in:
- integrating app with multiple services;
- typescript language in general;
- concept of automated testing;
- concept of microservices;
You will need to have the skills & abilities in:
- developing frontend UI and backend services primarily in typescript;
- developing services in both SQL and No-SQL data persistence
- create testable functionalities / web components;
- communicate verbally and textual in English;
- Simplifying and communicate on all level;
- Ability to work across departments;
For us it is also very important to make sure that you are:
- Have a high degree of independence, initiative, proactivity, enthusiasm, and drive for delivering results;
- Passion for Sustainability, Entrepreneurship & Technology;
- Have a high level of Integrity, Curiosity & Growth;
- Eager to learn, diligent to execute.
What can we offer you?
- Work wherever you are and whenever you want. Our flexible Work Environment will give you the freedom to work from everywhere and whenever you want. (in alignment with your team);
- Be part of the Tomorrow’s Community: Every teammate can study for free at Tomorrow’s Education (excl. partner fees if applicable).
- Travel the world with us: Twice per year, the whole team meets for a 1-week workation at a different place around the globe.
Do you care about education and impact? Grow with us and shape the education space!
At Tomorrow's Education, we believe in the power of you and your own merit much more than we believe in degrees! Sounds weird for an education provider? That's Tomorrow's Education!