Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
We are looking for an experienced Sr. HR Generalist to join the Confluent People Team in APAC! This is a new role being added due to our growth, and will report to the Manager, International People Operations.
The ideal candidate will have expertise in several relevant areas of HR and be excited about jumping in, rolling up their sleeves, and adding immediate value to an integral team at a fast-growing tech company!
This position is based in APAC and works in a team environment to support Confluent employees and managers across APAC, while collaborating with our US People Support & Operations team.
What You’ll Do - People Operations
What You’ll Do - Benefits Administration
- Being the 1st point of contact for all HR related queries for employees and managers in APAC
- Deliver the onboarding sessions to all APAC new hires within their first week of joining
- Initiate employee documentation relating to organizational structure changes, acquisitions, internal transfers, promotions, leavers, salary changes & re-organizations and cost centre changes
- Manage employee on-boarding and off-boarding process including Workday workflow, communication with employees and relevant team members,
- Administer transactions within Workday to ensure employee information is up-to-date
- Handle all country specific processes (planned and unplanned leave of absence, payroll administration, Onboarding & Offboarding, Data changes, reference letters)
- Support People Business Partners to ensure the best HR support is provided to their client groups (regular catch ups, support with HR administration tasks.)
- Partner with the Finance team on the monthly payroll submission by providing the HR payroll instructions
- Support the time off and leave of absence
- Workday implementation and maintain employee data integrity, support the HRIS team with Workday testing
- Any other ad-hoc activities and HR projects
What You'll Do - Process Improvement And Compliance
- Partner with the benefits team to ensure a smooth benefits enrolment for all new hires
- Responsible for the day-to-day benefits administration, documenting the processes for enrolment, termination, life cycle updates
- Respond to management, employees and employment candidates on HR & benefits related inquiries
- Audit invoices and process payment with AP for Benefits invoices ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Support in continuous improvements of Benefits Programs administration, and work on projects as assigned.
- Provide support to employees and managers, administering processes and responding to questions regarding LOAs, benefits, systems, performance, Employee Handbook, and other HR policies and programs
- Work with the Benefits and HRIS team on Workday related benefit changes (testing).
- Assist with vendor audits
- Work with the Benefits team on the annual calendar of wellness events for the region
- Assist in the administration of the Benefit and Wellness Programs
- Partner with vendors on our wellness events
What We Are Looking For
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- Contribute to the People Operations team continuous processes improvement by documenting, reviewing and streamlining our processes to drive efficiencies and enhance the employee experience
- Identify changes, gaps and inefficiencies in existing processes and programs; provide standardization, simplification and improvement recommendations
- Maintain records and provide regular and ad-hoc reporting in support of People Team programs
- Stay up-to-date on relevant laws and best practices and use this knowledge to inform People Team programs, policies, and initiatives
Nice To Have
- 4+ years working in HR role in a fast moving and changing environment
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Detailed oriented, excellent organization and follow-through skills
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interface with all levels of the organization across multiple teams and collaborate cross-functionally
- Strong ability to think critically and solve problems independently
- Experience supporting teams in an international environment across multiple locations
- Familiarity with HR related matters for APAC countries
- Experience partnering with Finance, Legal, wider People team to provide support where required and ensure a seamless HR support
- Experience auditing and analyzing data, as well as proposing ideas for continuous improvement
- Proficiency with Excel, Google Suites, and HRIS systems (preferably Workday)
- A desire to roll up your sleeves and jump in
Come As You Are
- Project Planning
- Operational efficiency improvement
- Experience working on a globally distributed team
- Knowledge of payroll integration with HRIS system
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice
, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.