Miss Amara is looking for a HR Manager to join our award winning team and support our fast growing business. We are currently seeking a Senior HR Manager to partner with the Executive Team, to provide generalist advice and leadership on all HR matters and areas of the employee life-cycle, and management of the day to day operations of the HR Function.
The successful candidate is a brand ambassador: someone who can live and breathe Miss Amara’s brand values, using the language of our brand to acquire new talent and inspire our team to perform at their best. They should be commercially minded, understanding how crucial timely talent acquisition and HR foundational principles are to the growth of our business.
Miss Amara was founded with one mission - to create the best possible experience for people shopping for rugs online. Miss Amara is made up of a team that is (crazy) passionate about what they do, and strive to create a team culture that is vibrant, dynamic and supportive.
Since launching in 2014, Miss Amara has experienced rapid growth and is now regarded as one of the emerging e-commerce leaders in the APAC. In 2020 Miss Amara was awarded 17th in the fastest growing companies in APAC (Deloitte Fast 50 Australia), and in 2019 was a finalist in the ORIAS (Online Retail Industry Awards).
This is a fantastic opportunity to get in early with a high-growth e-commerce startup with great potential for career progression as the company expands into new markets.
- Competitive salary
- Amazing company culture, with a truly diverse remote team, the Miss Amara family are located all over the world.
- Providing considered advice, assistance and coaching to Executive team and managers on the management of employees.
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders to identify and develop people solutions and processes that are conducive to the business meeting its objectives.
- Having an instrumental and influential role in driving a positive ethics-based working culture where the company values, policies, procedures, and people initiatives are understood and practiced.
- Providing HR advice in the development and implementation of HR strategy including establishing and maintaining a co-operative relationship with employees, strategy planning and negotiation of employment agreements.
- Providing advice on Award / and or Employment Agreement interpretation across multiple global markets.
- Managing employee relations matters including managing complex investigations with a focus on fair, compliant and consistent processes.
- Managing the recruitment and selection strategy and process to ensure service delivery requirements are being met, are cost effective, efficient, and compliant.
- Create and send out employment contracts and packs for new hires and employment changes.
- Coordinate the on-boarding and off-boarding for all employees.
- Manage and maintain key HR documentation and processes such as Employee Handbook, new forms and templates, probation reviews, performance reviews and company awards and bonuses.
- Maintenance of employee records and files.
- Deliver HR updates for the company weekly All Hands.
- Ensuring employee relations are conducted with dignity and respect by being a sounding board and providing the balance between the moral compass and business needs and objectives.
- Contributing and participating in identifying, planning and implementation of HR initiatives and projects.
Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in HR or related qualifications.
- 2+ years’ experience in an HR Manager role.
- Previous experience in the Retail or e-commerce would be an advantage, but not essential.
- Proficiency within Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to develop strong working relationships.
- High attention to detail and time management.
- Ability to prioritise and manage competing deadlines.
- Highly efficient and pro-active attitude towards work.
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality at all times.