Duties & Responsibilities
Zabai is currently engaged in a number of innovative and exciting projects. We are now looking for two IT developers who will be a part of our IT team in Zabai. The team is responsible to maintain and develop our LMS-environment, including Moodle instance. The role will be working in close contact the product owner.
The role of the IT developer is to design, implement and test solutions in our LMS-environment. The role will be working in close contact with customers and product owners. The role will be administering our two environments and making sure they are operating efficiently and securely. The person will react on issues arising in our environments and be able to investigate / remedy the issue.
Technical skills requirements
● Some development experience and a strong interest for Information Technology
● Some experience designing, implementing and testing IT systems / web-solutions. Including communication with the end-user and understanding the end-user need / perspective
● Knowledge of system design and architecture
● Knowledge of at least one programming language
● Strong interest in learning and developing within the domain of IT
● Experience with the Linux operating system (preferably Amazon Linux, which is based on RHEL/CentOS).
● Some database experience. Knowledge of SQL
● Basic hands-on knowledge of Git
● Knowledge of what agile development / Scrum is.
● Experience with web development (php, html, css, js / jQuery - ideally with modern frontend frameworks like React or Angular)
● Experience with configuring, maintaining and monitoring AWS services, specifically EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, Elastic Load balancer, VPC, CloudWatch, IAM etc.
● Test planning, test scripting, test execution
● Automated testing
● Continuous integration / Bitbucket pipelines
● REST services integration / experience with utilizing REST API in code.
● Basic experience with Atlassian Bitbucket / Jira / Confluence.
● Experience with configuring, maintaining and using MySQL database.
● Experience working in agile development projects.
The candidate must have advanced English communication skills (written and verbal).
This is a unique opportunity for a IT developer to join a start-up company with a lot of energy. For the right candidate, we will offer a very competitive package.