Crossover is the world's #1 source of remote full-time jobs. Our clients offer top-tier pay for top-tier talent. We're recruiting this role for our client, Trilogy. Have you got what it takes?
Are you the best software developer in your company? Do you enjoy writing less code by utilizing the latest architectural patterns and making the code 10x smaller? Do you wish you could advance your technical career by learning the latest AWS and GCP cloud patterns? Do you wish to work in a rapid-paced environment where product changes are shipped to the customers every day? If so, you’ll love our approach of driving the direction of products starting with the core technology.
In this role, you will join a passionate and experienced team responsible for launching new products. You’ll spend less time writing code and more making technical decisions:
What You Will Be Doing
- Making the best use of the latest AWS, GCP, Salesforce serverless cloud-native patterns
- What are the core data structures used by the app? Why were they chosen? How are they mapped or applied to the domain of the problem? What were the tradeoffs or alternatives?
- What is the rationale behind critical technical dependencies or limitations this product has? Are there new and creative ways to overcome them?
- Can the product be broken down logically into smaller, more manageable components?
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Working on start-up-like products, having a meaningful contribution, and getting to switch products every once in a while
- Make heavy use of modern AWS and GCP cloud-native patterns - no legacy, bloated old apps
- Taking ownership of the big feature releases, starting with getting requirements from the stakeholders to releasing the end product to customers in a fast-paced agile environment
Senior Java Architect Key Responsibilities
- Small bug-fixes or features on outdated monolithic codebases
- Tedious infrastructure work to enable poorly written products to continue running
- People management or getting stuck on long meetings discussing roadmaps, product plans, and priorities
- Creating high-quality, simple, flexible code that meets the technical specification (both correct, and complete)
- Developing code across a large number of products and industries instead of being siloed on a single product for years
- Communicating with important project stakeholders to deeply understand product use-cases
- Reviewing all code changes and holding them up to the highest quality standards
- A university degree (BS, MS, or PhD) that included in-depth study of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented programming, computer architecture, and software engineering or relevant work experience.
- At least 7 years of experience writing production code for software/technology companies
- At least 2 years of experience being the primary technical designer for a development team or software product
Hundreds of software businesses run on the Trilogy Business Platform. For three decades, Trilogy has been known for 3 things: Relentlessly seeking top talent, Innovating new technology, and incubating new businesses. Our technological innovation is spearheaded by a passion for simple customer-facing designs. Our incubation of new businesses ranges from entirely new moon-shot ideas to rearchitecting existing projects for today's modern cloud-based stack. Trilogy is a place where you can be surrounded with great people, be proud of doing great work, and grow your career by leaps and bounds.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
- You will be paired up with one of our recruiting specialists who can answer questions you might have about the process, role, or company, and help you get to the final interview step.
If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form - by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting https://www.crossover.com/auth/reset-password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-4358-PH-IVACalab-SeniorJavaArch