As part of Telenor Group, Telenor Myanmar is on a mission to connect people to what matters most to them by empowering the societies. Telenor Myanmar exists to make mobile services available and affordable to all people in Myanmar. We are serving more than 22 million customers, and our 4GSuperLTE+ network covers more than 92% of the country’s population. Our Team of highly competent and motivated employees are here to provide the customers with the power of digital communication, enabling them to improve their lives, build societies and secure a better future for all.
Telenor Myanmar’s agile product lead is the one who need to pro-actively identify digital business opportunities for innovation and continuous service improvements and plays a critical role in driving digital ambitions across the organization. Essential skills include sharp business acumen, proficient knowledge of technology stacks & product management tools, excellent verbal/written communication skills & a strong bias towards data driven decision making. Passionate and interested in drivers of digital disruption both from a customer and organizational perspective.
- Create an environment that fosters high quality, metrics-driven experimentation and set high standards for how we measure product success
- Initiate and drive innovative/breakthrough cross-functional and cross organizational strategies and tactics that generate great value to the customer, revenue and market share.
- Research and build sources for information about new and trending digital services & apps; Build a pipeline of new business models.
- Work collaboratively within a cross-functional and international team environment; be an expert on multiple categories of digital pillars.
- Work with Head of Digital Services and cross-functional leaders of product, design, data, engineering, marketing, content to effectively align roadmaps, set clear and measurable objectives, and deploy team resources appropriately to achieve digital business goals.
- Lead the team with a focus and obsession on understanding and delighting our users’ needs and achieving business growth.
Scope & Responsibilities & Key tasks
- Focus on performance and team agile maturity metrics which enable ongoing tracking and growth of teams operating in agile
- Focus on building operating model interfaces between agile and non-agile parts of the organization
- To actively coach specific teams in Agile ways of working and cultivate an environment of continuous improvement. This will be done in collaboration with the project team from start to finish to ensure success.
- Mentor/train Scrum and SAFe frameworks on specific projects. This could be at Team level or Program level.
- Perform Scrum Master functions: schedules and leads the release planning, sprint planning, retrospectives, backlog grooming and daily scrum activities.
- Responsible for Risk Management. Anticipate and manage risks, publish a product team risk register, proactively communicate risks/issues to management in a timely manner, and offer creative solutions
- Responsible for publishing and maintaining project plans, schedules, issues lists, status reports, and meeting agendas with action items
- Full accountability for release planning: management of project timelines, scope and milestones for one or more projects. Manage the complete product Development Lifecycle.
- Be the customer-expert and solve customer problems; be fully knowledgeable of pain points experienced by customers and work with the team to identify opportunities for improvement
- Maintain internal and external relationships with regard to technical teams, content, project management, internal departments, and vendors
- Perform hands-on project work, including analysis, design and change management, as needed by the project.
Required Qualification & Experience
- Excellent prospecting, resourcefulness, communication, presentation and networking skills
- At least 8+ years of experience in product development with 4+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- A track record and passion for taking great products to the next level, building and iterating to growth, engagement, and business impact
- Proven success as a servant leader with skills in facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency through effective communication.
- Extensive knowledge of alternative techniques for metrics/reporting, retrospectives, scaling.
- Comfortable with data analytics and using data and insights to drive decisions
- Demonstrated track record of success building, shipping, and iterating on high value products in an agile software development environment
- Handling hybrid environments (Agile and non-Agile integrations and interactions) with the flexibility to adapt to new and evolving environments
- Successfully coached/led initiatives using Scrum, Kanban or ScrumBan and efforts using Scrum at Scale, SAFe, or other scaling frameworks.
Language requirement: Myanmar, English
Telenor Myanmar offers a compensation package with a highly competitive base salary, a performance bonus, relevant allowances, and inclusion in Telenor’s insurance programs for employees.
Since Telenor encourages lifelong continuous learning, as an employee of Telenor you will have access to a vast online learning library to your disposal to develop your competence. As part of a global company, you will learn from global industry experts as well as senior local managers.
Telenor’s head office which is located at Sule Square in the heart of Yangon is assembled on flexible and activity-based workplace environment promoting agility and innovation. Telenor Myanmar workspace includes open areas, library, cafeteria, modern meeting rooms, hot desks, agile zones, play/game room and one of the best views of the city.
We believe in a healthy and safe work environment, and offer flexible working hours and access to ferry transportation to and from the office.