Telenor Myanmar is here to empower societies through connectivity. As part of Telenor Group, a mobile operator group focused on the Nordics and Asia, Telenor Myanmar is committed to lead Myanmar’s data evolution. Having brought mobile connectivity for all in Myanmar since 2014, we are serving more than 17 million customers across the country, bringing the best data experience to a footprint covering more than 92% of the population. Our winning team of highly competent and motivated employees are here to provide our customers with the power of digital communication, enabling them to improve their lives, build societies and secure a better future for all.
Digitalization and connectivity will be fundamental tools for Myanmar’s post-pandemic economic recovery. 2020 proved that digitalization can happen broadly and rapidly, now we need to make it inclusive and sustainable. Telenor Myanmar is moving digital-first into the future and seeks the best minds in Myanmar to help fuel this evolution.
Senior Manager, Head of Charging & Billing Platform
The position holder will be responsible for IT Operation Management and IT Project Management for the Convergent Billing Platform and Voucher Management Platform in IT Department. Hands-on with resolving escalated issues as well as being the technical point of contact for the customer in BSS projects. The primary job responsibilities include the below but may include additional ones based on the time to time business requirements.
- Work as a part of Charging & Billing function under IT and require to work with various Technology domains in Teleco such as IT Infrastructure, Enterprise Architecture, Planning, Operation, Development, Circuit Core, Packet Core and etc.
- Ensure understanding regarding Charging & Billing function, in order to understand tasks needed to be carried out, as well as to ensure alignment and compliance with legal regulations and with Telenor Group’s overall direction, standards and governance.
- Responsible for 100% availability and integrity of the Charging & Billing Platform including Application, Database, Server, Network and Storage.
- Implement and set up necessary measures and mechanisms for Charging & Billing Platform following organization’s IT policies.
- Work as Project Manager for IT Projects. Define scopes and milestones. Develop the project plan. Communicate to internal and external stakeholders. Report and drive the projects to accomplish within target scope, timeline and budget.
- Support various business functions such as Product, Digital, Customer Service, Finance and etc as Billing SPOC, fulfilling business requirements.
- Work closely with commercial teams such as Prepaid, Postpaid, Roaming and B2B to analyze, develop, implement and test Teleco and Digital product offerings, meeting defined timeline and quality.
- Manage technology multiple vendors in IT Operation, IT Service Management and Project Deliveries. Monitor their performances and drive to ensure the defined SLAs are met from technical domain.
- Engage continuously with vendors to understand the new solutions, features and upgrades for the platform and propose business/technical benefits to the organization.
- Perform complex activities to monitor vendor activities, to ensure quality deliverables, and to ensure that vendors perform services as agreed and within time schedule.
- Perform complex activities to track, monitor, evaluate and periodically review the overall processes of rating and charging applications development, as well as the overall processes of coordinating guidelines to relevant functions, in order to identify improvement opportunities, to ensure optimization of the operation.
- Provide guidance and direction to junior members, decide on the methodologies and techniques to be used, identify risks and determine how to approach and complete tasks, in order to support junior members and successfully achieve targets.
- Ensure that one own area of assignments and contributions are appropriate to meet organization needs while pursuing improved performance.
- Continuously update oneself with changes in related trend, which affect tools, processes, systems, and frameworks relevant to the role, in order to maintain knowledge levels required to perform complicated tasks.
- Collaborate with other departments/teams to facilitate analysis and identify process improvement opportunities.
- Be accountable for other certain works as assigned from immediate superior level.
Required Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in IT/Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with Prepaid/Postpaid Charging & Billing Platform preferably with hands-on experience. Familiarity with CRM, OSS and BSS systems is a plus.
- Deep understanding in Charging & Billing System Architecture, Functions, Integration interfaces, Protocols such as SS7, CAP, DIAMETER, SMPP, SOAP, JSON and etc.
- Good knowledge in Linux, Oracle and MySQL. Familiarity with Network, Cloud and Virtualization Technologies is beneficial. Knowledge in SDLC, Agile Development and ITIL Framework is a plus.
- A professional command of written and spoken English and Burmese.
- Candidate is expected to be self-driven, result-oriented, team-player, multitask-er and able to handle pressures.
- Strong problem solving, influence, and negotiation skills.
- Experience communicating and presenting to senior leadership.
- Strong organizational and workload management skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Proven people management skills in a high-transaction environment.
Language requirement: Myanmar, English
Telenor Myanmar offers a compensation package with a highly competitive base salary, a performance bonus, relevant allowances, and inclusion in Telenor’s insurance programs for employees.
Since Telenor encourages lifelong continuous learning, as an employee of Telenor you will have access to a vast online learning library to your disposal to develop your competence. As part of a global company, you will learn from global industry experts as well as senior local managers.
Telenor’s head office which is located at Sule Square in the heart of Yangon is assembled on flexible and activity-based workplace environment promoting agility and innovation. Telenor Myanmar workspace includes open areas, library, cafeteria, modern meeting rooms, hot desks, agile zones, play/game room and one of the best views of the city.