As part of Telenor Group, Telenor Myanmar is on a mission to connect people to what matters most to them by empowering the societies. Telenor Myanmar exists to make mobile services available and affordable to all people in Myanmar. We are serving more than 22 million customers, and our 4GSuperLTE+ network covers more than 92% of the country’s population. Our Team of highly competent and motivated employees are here to provide the customers with the power of digital communication, enabling them to improve their lives, build societies and secure a better future for all.
Senior Manager/ VP, Head of Statutory & Management Reporting
This role will be primarily responsible for the financial and statutory reporting of the company. You be required to engage effectively with all parts of the business (finance, operations, product, technology, sales and marketing, and the executive team) to deliver timely, accurate and insightful analysis and reporting. A strong understanding of financial accounting is a must, together with working experience in accounting / GL systems such as Oracle.
- Oversee the completion of month-end tasks including preparing the financial reports, together with detailed variance analysis.
- Accountability in preparation of cash flow statement and ensure working capital adequacy.
- Review of monthly balance sheet/financial schedule as part of financial closing
- Actively review and monitor compliance with accounting policies and procedures.
- Successfully coordinate in preparation of year-end accounts and coordinate with the external auditors to conclude audit reports.
- Adherence to accounting standards and practices of Myanmar, International accounting standards, IFRS and Group accounting policies.
- Co-ordinate the finance team in order to meet deadlines in-so-far as it relates to internal and external reporting obligations.
- Lead ad hoc reporting, projects and analysis as required by stakeholders.
Required Qualification & Experience
- Qualified chartered accountant/ CPA/ACCA.
- Over +7 years accounting, financial reporting and business analysis experience – preferable in dynamic and high growth businesses.
- Confidence and ability to propose and defend opinions and perspectives in order to influence and achieve financial objectives.
- Strong financial analysis with an analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Effective communication and business partnering skills are a must – being able to build trusted relationships at all levels, both upwards and downwards.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach and develop others and effectively build a team environment.
- Ability to manage change effectively and proactively.
- Ability to execute, improve process for efficiency within the team.
Language requirement: Myanmar, English
Telenor Myanmar offers a compensation package with a highly competitive base salary, a performance bonus, relevant allowances, and inclusion in Telenor’s insurance programs for employees.
Since Telenor encourages lifelong continuous learning, as an employee of Telenor you will have access to a vast online learning library to your disposal to develop your competence. As part of a global company, you will learn from global industry experts as well as senior local managers.
Telenor’s head office which is located at Sule Square in the heart of Yangon is assembled on flexible and activity-based workplace environment promoting agility and innovation. Telenor Myanmar workspace includes open areas, library, cafeteria, modern meeting rooms, hot desks, agile zones, play/game room and one of the best views of the city.
We believe in a healthy and safe work environment, and offer flexible working hours and access to ferry transportation to and from the office.