We are a Managed IT Services provider based in Melbourne but with Clients spread all across Australia.
We are looking for an experienced Level 2- Level 3 technician who is an expert in Microsoft Server and Exchange Server Technologies and preferably has worked with MSP or similar environment or has MCSE or equivalent qualification or Experience.
You would be responsible for handling a portfolio of approximately 15 clients, working autonomously at most times and will be responsible for proactively managing our client’s IT environments remotely.
You will take ownership of your assigned clients, and ensure we deliver excellence in customer service, provide the highest possible level of technical assistance, while adhering to service level agreements. The role requires a high degree of technical skill across a broad range of areas in IT infrastructure and strong communication skills.
The role does involve being on the phone, answering phone calls as well as making phone calls. It also involves sending professional emails as well as preparing client reports. Hence it is Mandatory to have EXCELLENT SPOKEN ENGLISH and WRITTEN ENGLISH.
Skills & Experience
Some Other Responsibilities Will Include
- Mandatory – At least 3+ years’ experience in Microsoft Server Technologies including Server 2008, 2012 and Exchange Server 2007, 2010 or 2013
- Demonstrated Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Solid understanding of NTFS and Share permissions
- Solid Experience in Group Policy
- Solid Experience in Handling Server Upgrade projects for Microsoft Server Environments and Exchange Server
- Strong skills in Batch scripting and some understanding of Power Shell Scripting.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Active Directory
- Some Experience with AWS – Quoting and Implementation
- Some Experience with Terminal/Remote Desktop Server Setups
- Experience in VMware/HYPER-V server setups with understanding of SAN/NAS architecture
- Experience troubleshooting desktop & server, printer hardware problems
- Some Experience with Windows Backups, Shadow Protect & Veeam Backups
- Some experience with MS SQL 2014 and 2016
- Strong networking experience including Firewalls, Routers, VPN, Private WAN
- Thorough understanding of networking protocols and technologies
- Excellent writing and documentation skills
- Microsoft Certification (desirable)
- Experience using Timesheet Systems and maintaining Documentation
- Note: All Candidates will be subject to a 30 minute technical exam to check their knowledge. This exam will focus on Microsoft Server technologies mainly.
- Multi- tasking is a given as at times you may be asked to support more than one project, therefore you must possess excellent organisational skills and be able to manage expectations with stakeholders
- Sets IT standards to ensure projects delivered and prioritized, on time and within budget
- Excellent communication and customer service skills (written and oral), polite phone manner and a strong focus on customer service
- Be able to work autonomously
- Willing to role your sleeves up and get the job done.
- Create Server performance reports for clients on a Monthly basis.
- Monitor Alerts and review backups on a daily basis so we know about any potential issues with our client sites
- Investigate, evaluate and recommend new cloud related technologies
- Creating / enhancing and maintain written documentation on infrastructure set up, support, process and procedures with strong experience in VISIO
- Provide disaster recovery/failover planning, execution and documentation
- Configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting, performance tuning, documentation, and upgrades of infrastructure including servers, storage systems, virtualization, operating system, etc. The role will also support, plan and implement new project requirements
- Maintains corporate data backup systems and file restorations as well as work with CLOUD BACKUP systems.
- Make recommendations on upgrading or installing new products.
- Installs and maintains local and wide area network hardware, including file servers, cabling infrastructure, routers/hubs/switches/modems, and printers.
- Setup of NAS and SAN storage architecture