Love cars, data and technology? We do, too. Join our team and find a career, not just a job.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a development team in a position where you will enjoy diverse duties and project involvement, and be part of a highly stable, employee-centric organization.
About Our Candidate
We are seeking to hire a full-time talented Senior Product Engineer. We are an agile development team delivering high quality products on iOS, Android, and web with backend microservices orchestrated by Kubernetes on the Azure cloud.
The right candidate is someone who can be handed critical projects and help shape future processes and best practices. The purpose of this candidate is to play an integral role in a team responsible for the architecture, design, development, testing and delivery for our rapidly expanding business.
You will be responsible for participating in analysis and development efforts in cooperation with other members of the project team. The responsibilities include analyzing, developing, maintaining, documenting, and unit testing software applications. You will also be responsible for mentoring more junior staff and recommending detailed technical solutions to implement technical designs or in remediation of issues.
What You Will Be Doing
- Reviews and understands technical, business and functional requirements.
- Reviews and understands technical architecture and solution design.
- Reviews and understands department coding standards and standard operating procedures. Provides effort and duration estimation for assigned tasks and deliverables.
- Reviews and understands required technical design. Develops code according to the standards, best practices, and established process. Participates in peer code reviews and code review meetings.
- Performs and documents unit testing of the code.
- Creates and delivers required technical documentation. Prepares instructions for deployment of code for test and production.
- Provides technical support for all levels of testing (QA, integration, UAT) and provides fixes for defects in timely manner.
- Participates in production support and provides resolutions to incidents in a timely manner.
- Participates in project and stand-up meetings and provides status updates on deliverables.
- Monitors and updates required issue management and time management systems with accurate descriptions of the performed tasks.
What You Need To Be Successful
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in a related technical field involving coding.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Ability to speak in English fluently and communicate idiomatically.
- Constant desire to learn new technology and best practices, we work in various stacks and don’t expect everyone to come in knowing everything. Some combination of the nice to haves would be great.
- Pacific time zone strongly preferred
Nice To Haves
- .NET MVC, .NET Core
- SQL Server
- Automated Testing (Unit, Integration, Functional)
- Agile software delivery processes / DevOps
- Microservices Architecture, Serverless, Cloud functions
- AWS, GCP, or Azure Cloud environments
Who We Are
CarsArrive Network, KAR Global brand, serves thousands of subscribing shippers—such as dealers, wholesalers and fleet managers—and approved and bonded carriers in North America. The company’s internet-based platform allows shippers and carriers to come together online to review price quotes, schedule delivery times, scan available loads and review available transport listings in a trusted and secure environment.
Through its CarsArrive Auto Relocation service, CarsArrive provides consumer-direct vehicle transportation and logistics services. Those consumers can be individuals or corporate/relocation clients.
CarsArrive offers comprehensive load optimization, tracking and notification tools, and an extensive independent carrier network of more than 60,000 trucks. CarsArrive ships more than 2 million vehicles annually.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our benefits package includes:
- Competitive compensation
- Insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Wellness program
- 401(k) with employer match
- Employee stock purchase program
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Learning and development resources