Kinsta is a modern cloud hosting company, running services on cutting edge technology. Our talented and motivated team is scattered across the globe with team members hailing from every continent but Antarctica! We are proud of what our teams accomplish every day and the level of support we offer to our customers. We're constantly on the lookout for great talent to join our awesome team. If you’d like to become part of the Kinsta family, hit apply!
We are looking for a Senior Security Engineer with strong knowledge of and experience in cyber security and attack mitigation to join our Security Team.
We strive to create a relaxed working environment, relying on ownership capabilities of individuals who know their areas best to drive our development processes. If you enjoy working in a flat structure that endeavours to provide maximum freedom in service of developing the best solutions and a company where work culture is cherished and fostered, then we are a right fit for each other.
- Become familiar with and provide input on existing security systems
- Be up to date on latest security trends
- Proactively search for vulnerabilities within our systems
- React to any threat effectively and decisively
- Tune our systems continuously to decrease false positives and increase resilience
- Analyze and evaluate data security and cyber risks
- Perform penetration, load and other tests in service of our security goals
We require considerable experience (3-5 years) with the following:
- Mitigating multiple forms of DoS/DDoS attacks
- Defending against other forms of attacks (OWASP Top 10 and others)
- Analysis of network traffic using tcpdump, wireshark and other tools
- High performance network tuning (iptables, kernel tuning)
- Heavily tuning web servers and similar software (nginx, apache, Varnish)
- All manner of security controls (firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention, vulnerability scanners, etc.)
We also require the knowledge/hands-on experience with the following:
- In-depth knowledge of network protocols (tcp, udp, etc.)
- Experience working with large scale networking environments
- Experience with load testing tools such as Siege, Artillery, Flood, etc.
- Experience with packet manipulation tools like Scapy
- Strong communications skills
- Experience securing cloud services
- Experience with Ansible automation
- GCP product internals
- Experience mitigating attacks against WordPress
- Experience with LXC/LXD and ZFS
- Experience with automated firewall testing
- Experience with ELK stack
- Experience with eBPF, Suricata, and other similar tools
This is a fully-remote role. The Senior Security Engineer can work from anywhere with reliable broadband internet access.
This position offers a great deal of flexibility, responsibility, and opportunity for growth for the right candidate.
If you want to learn more about Kinsta and what it's like to work for our team, head to our website, Kinsta.com, and look for the About Us link in the footer.