Grasshopper is an Asian proprietary trading firm and liquidity provider competing on the global stage. Our cutting edge in-house technology puts us at the forefront of developments in electronic trading. We do not have customers; we do not indulge in politics; we are not typical. We are motivated problem solvers, thirsty technologists, and adept risk takers.
As part of the Software Development team, you will:
Who We Are Looking For
- Build applications and components across various parts of our tradingsystems
- Share knowledge and mentor other developers in your areas of expertise
- Continuously enhance our systems to meet evolving trading needs
- Ensure our time-critical software continues to perform at the leading edge, suitably integrating and augmenting it with our FPGA-based solutions where necessary
We are looking for team-players who are creative in their approach to problem solving. They take the initiative to explore different ways to resolve an issue, and systematically find the most efficient and effective way to do it. They are adept at expressing their ideas and solutions into clean and maintainable code.Skills & Knowledge Requirements
The Environment We Offer
- Able to work in Singapore. Remote working arrangements may be considered. (Remote candidates will need to ensure they are able to commit to following part of the Singapore work schedule on work days)
- At least 7 years of experience in writing elegant, simple and efficient code with unit tests and documentation where needed.
- A good foundation in C++11 and higher would be highly desired
- Good knowledge of Linux and tools like GDB, Valgrind, Perf, Stracewould be favourable.
- Expertise with high-level system architecture and design
- Strong understanding of core concepts in data structures, algorithms, operating systems, distributed systems, parallelism and concurrency
- Financial knowledge and experience with optimizing code for lowlatency would be highly desired but not compulsory
- Understanding of best practices related to the SDLC (testing, peer codereviews, continuous integration and continuous deployment)
- Works well independently and collectively; views ownership andaccountability highly even in remote settings
- Possess a good attention to detail i.e. writing good JIRA tickets, mergerequests and comments where necessary
- A strategic thinker and also able to convert thoughts into communicableand executable ideas
- Good communication skills and enjoys 360-feedback work environment
As a growing firm with a tightly-knit team, we respect and listen to all our employees. You will get the chance to make an impact by having your voice heard by everyone, including the management.Our employees enjoy a high level of autonomy at work. We focus on substance, not form - as long as you can perform, you will be recognized and rewarded. We are also dedicated to supporting our staff and ensuring they develop holistically to maximize their potential in the long-term.We also provide flexible working arrangement as required and a casual and fun work environment to boot!