In an increasingly time-starved and saturated environment, audiences are less concerned with "what" your message is, but are instead more captivated by "why" they should pay attention.
We believe that spectating sports/esports ought to be an interactive, engaging and empowering experience that converts the passive spectator into an active audience by enabling fans to participate, and to feel included and involved, in the epic moments during the course of a live match.
The core feature of the platform is a free-to-play live fantasy platform where users will be able to participate in contests and engage in interactive gameplay during a live sports/esports match.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Software Engineer (Backend) responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be development of backend code, definition and maintenance of the database, and ensuring high performance delivery to and from the front-end.
- Design and development of platform features/services with strong alignment to Domain Driven Design (DDD) and Test-Driven Design (TDD) methodologies
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- To continuously discover, implement and evaluate new technologies that yield a competitive advantage for the product and business
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical discipline, or equivalent in practical experience.
- At least 5+ years of software development experience in Java, specifically with the Spring Boot framework.
- Excellent proficiency in Backend Server development and expertise with NoSQL databases, e.g. MongoDB.
- Good understanding of container technologies, e.g. Docker and Kubernetes.
- Good understanding of Kafka or other message-driven frameworks.
- Strong analytical thinking and exceptional attention to detail.
- Having a good understanding of event-driven systems, Websockets and the scalability challenges it entails will be a plus