Funding Societies | Modalku is the largest SME digital financing platform in Southeast Asia. We are licensed in Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, and registered in Malaysia. We are backed by Sequoia India and Softbank Ventures Asia Corp amongst many others and provides business financing to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), which is crowdfunded by individual and institutional investors.
Our Engineering culture is built upon a trust based system in a delivery and innovation driven environment. We allow for flexible work times and locations so that our engineers can be in a working environment where they can do their best work. We encourage collaboration among our squads and continuous learning from each other. If you would like to see some of the things our engineers are working on, you can visit our engineering blog here.
We are looking for backend engineers to design and build the systems that power our core business of lending and loan processing. As a backend engineer, you will build features that introduce or significantly expand capabilities for our business teams, opening the way to new markets, partners, and other opportunities. You will have the opportunity to take on a wide variety of tasks. While this role will primarily focus on backend, there will be exposure and growth opportunities for fullstack capacity as well.
This position is available for fully remote working arrangements across all cities in Indonesia.
What you will do:
- Design, implement, and maintain developer-friendly APIs and services
- Contribute to code and architecture reviews to keep our code quality high
- Debug and resolve production issues; take part in blameless postmortems
- Plan and execute smooth migrations to new technology as a way of managing technical debt
- Build tools and automation for our business and operations teams.
What we are looking for:
- Have a track record of shipping software in a distributed systems environment
- You are enthusiastic about collaborating across departments to solve challenging problems
- You are pragmatic about the need to release less-than-perfect software and continuously iterate on it
- You can identify and articulate trade-offs in software and data design
- You can communicate both technical and business requirements fluently
- You are excited about both learning new things and teaching others
What it is in for you:
- You will be empowered to bring our team to the next level. We believe everyone brings in unique skills and experience and we provide you the platform to the best of who you are.
- You will be able to experiment with the latest technology and techniques that will deliver business impact. Join us to see how we use the design system and new landing page framework to empower our internal users.
- You will get to create new tools that will solve unique financial inclusion problems across SEA
- You will have freedom in the way you wish to work. With a highly self-driving and delivery-focused working culture, we are fully supportive with flexi-hour, remote working and unlimited leave policy.