Lucid is a market research platform that provides access to authentic, first-party data in over 90 countries. Our products and services enable anyone, in any industry, to ask questions of targeted audiences and find the answers they need – fast. These answers can be used to uncover consumer motivations, increase revenue, and measure the impact of digital advertising. Founded in 2010, Lucid is headquartered in New Orleans, LA with offices in Dallas, New York, London, Sydney, Singapore, Gurgaon, Prague, and Hamburg.
Lucid seeks a Senior Software Engineer to join our Core Supply and Demand team in New Orleans. Remote positions possible depending on the applicant. This team is working to develop API's for the Lucid platform to support Lucid's product lines and create micro-services to empower our internal and external clients to create customizable integrations. Some of our team’s challenges include scaling computing and storage needs as our business grows; maintaining low latency and high availability; and designing resilient, robust, and secure systems.
- Develop RESTful web services to support both internal and external clients
- Write reliable, maintainable, well-documented code that will scale to support millions of respondents
- Execute the full software development life cycle as part of an Agile team
- Collaborate with Product Managers to refine and modify requirements
- Following established design paradigms and design patterns
- Strong unit testing and integration testing practices
- Participate in the on-call rotation to monitor shipped features for success and issues
- Support the business teams and product managers in data extracts and data analysis
- Demonstrate proficiency in developing software for the user interface, business logic, data modeling and systems, and component integration
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science
- Competency in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Experience with high volume and high-performance web applications
- Highly proficient SQL and Database skills
- Ability to rapidly debug and solve problems in unfamiliar areas
- Experience in working in an agile environment with rapidly changing requirements and tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience in Python, Go/Golang, Node.js, or other modern web technologies
- Working knowledge of Git, GitHub, and version control best practices
- Familiarity with containerization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Amazon Web Services specifically, or any cloud host
- Experience with microservice architecture and platforms and building RESTful APIs
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases and CDC processes
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with data tools: Spark, Kinesis, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres, MSSQL, Redis,
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Airflow, AWS Glue, Step functions, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
Lucid's Hiring Commitment
We understand that many candidates may not be perfectly qualified for a job posting. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable – and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is near the desired qualifications.
We also know that diversity of background and thought can enhance problem-solving and encourage more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
At Lucid we foster a collaborative and inspiring workplace. We pride ourselves in doing this by recruiting, hiring and retaining diverse, passionate, and forward-thinking talent. Lucid is committed to and encourages an inclusive environment and we are dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.