What we’re looking for
At Pi-xcels, our mission is to eliminate paper receipts and empower physical retailers to improve customer experience and retail performance via our e-receipt and analytics platform.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer comfortable with web application development skill sets to join our software engineering team full-time.
As a Senior Software Engineer in our pre-launched VC-backed startup, you will tackle exciting and meaningful roles of designing, developing and implementing our product.
- Design & develop our products in MERN/FERN/PERN stack and remain hands-on by writing production level code along with the team.
- Contribute ideas for product improvements and iterations.
- Utilize technologies from Firebase/GCP and help build data pipelines to aid our data engineering.
- Design, maintain, build, integrate and test complex software components according to the functional and technical design specifications.
- Apply and advocate relevant up-to-date technologies, tools and practices in Agile software development.
- Adhere to high technical standards and good coding practices.
- Mentor junior team members.
Experience in modern full-stack web application technologies, e.g. MERN/FERN/PERN stack (MongoDB/Firebase/Postgres, Express, React, Node.js)
- Experience in development of Microservices & orchestration using API gateways, cloud functions, component design & modular architectures. Knowledge of gRPC implementation is a bonus.
- Knowledge in security with authentication and authorization management.
- Experience in designing SQL databases (e.g. Postgres) and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, Cloud Firestore) and able to discuss data structures and their trade-offs
- In depth knowledge of software development with ability to perform browser based debugging & performance testing and CSS
- Experience in Agile software development and have high standards towards pixel perfection & high-performance coding practices
- Experience with DevOps, managed your own servers, familiar with cloud providers, CI/CD practices, methodical approach towards product development with orientation to source code repos and product lifecycle designs
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively in written and spoken English
- Can work independently and enjoy taking initiative
- Have a growth mindset and enjoys joining a fast-evolving company with fast-paced and dynamic startup environments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Computer Science / Information Systems or equivalent and higher
Benefits & Compensation
- Open to remote work and flexible hours
- Competitive salary: IDR 10,000,000 - IDR 50,000,000
- Stock options
- Autonomy to explore various technology areas