About the role
As a Senior Solutions Engineer, you help break down technical barriers to enable our sales and partners team to show high growth, high volume, and complex merchants how they can accelerate the growth of their business with Shopify.
While we would prefer a candidate to be based in Singapore, this is a remote position available within APAC (AU,NZ,JP,SG) and will support merchants and our business growth in China. You will have the opportunity to engage directly with our merchants, their technical teams and our established partners in China to have high level ‘solutions-focused’ discussions around the Shopify platform. More specifically, you will be applying your native Chinese language and background skills to consult with merchants in China as they come onto the platform.
This position will report into the APAC Solutions Engineering Lead.
Requirements for the role:
- At least 5 years of experience in B2B pre-sales solutions engineering
- An expert on Shopify and regional specific commerce applications, ecosystems, and integrations
- Great troubleshooting and analytical skills combined with the desire to tackle challenges head-on
- A desire to learn, master and teach our growing enterprise customers, partner agencies, and internal teams
- Familiarity with version control systems
- Familiarity with web APIs, middleware development, and front end development
- Native or fluent in Mandarin & English
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing support to our sales and partner teams through various channels
- Working to help advise merchants (including their development partners) on technical solutions for the best business success on the platform.
- Creating customized product demos and proof of concepts for use live or recorded virtual client demonstrations
- Exploring creative ways to develop on the platform and answering inquiries about our APIs
- Mentor and coach the sales team on technical aspects of Shopify
- Be an advocate/trusted advisor for the merchant always by bringing your insights and knowledge to our product teams
- At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
How we hire
- At Shopify, we put a lot of care and time into who we hire. We believe that in order to build the best products, we need to build high impact teams. Our recruitment process centers around what we call the Life Story interview, a conversational-style interview where we get to learn more about you