Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world's largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we're growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent. Let's change the way the world thinks about money! Join the revolution!
About the role
As a member of the Global Finance Team, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of accounting procedures across the organization. You will also have the opportunity to identify and implement improvements to our current processes. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry.
What you'll do:
- Execute month-end close processes, including but not limited to preparation of journal entries, account analyses, and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts for a portfolio of entities
- Responsible for the preparation of audit schedules and balance sheet fluxes
- Perform intercompany accounting including reconciliation of intercompany balances, identifying and resolving gaps between assigned entities and respective counterparties globally
- Work closely with Treasury and other departments to ensure proper accounting treatments of complex transactions
- Assist in the implementation of internal controls and accounting processes and procedures
- Liaise with auditors and tax agents to comply with statutory reporting requirements
- Perform ad-hoc tasks as assigned
Who you are:
- Minimum Diploma/Degree in Accounting with at least 8 years of relevant working experience
- Experience in end-to-end operational accounting in a regional/global setup strongly preferred
- Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS preferred
- Collaborative, innovative, flexible, and adept at building relationships across the organization
- A go-getter with tenacity to work under pressure in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel including (but not limited to) macros, pivot tables, array and nested formulas i.e. VLOOKUP, INDEX MATCH, SUMIFs
- Working experience with ERP systems
- Strong stakeholder management and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with SOX is a plus
- Experience or knowledge in cryptocurrency is preferred
- Background in accounting for financial services, fintech, banking, or an exchange preferred
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://jobs.lever.co/kraken. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us:
Watch "Working at Kraken"
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog