Zendesk is a service-first CRM company that builds powerful, customizable software designed to improve customer relations. At Zendesk, we encourage growth, innovation and believe in giving back to the communities we call home.
You can't fix and improve what you can't see and measure! We're growing the Observability team as we continue to invest in our observability practices and tooling at Zendesk. You will work with the existing team members to evolve our current toolchain, help craft and execute the Observability roadmap. You will have a huge impact on the success of Zendesk by helping raise everyone’s observability and monitoring bar through self-service tooling, education, and bootstrapping teams to empower successful ownership of their services and systems.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with distributed systems, building observability tooling, and establishing proven practices and standards. In addition, they should have experience educating and partnering with teams across a company to improve observability across systems and services.
What You Get To Do Every Day
What You’ll Bring To The Role
- Design, develop, and evolve Observability at Zendesk
- Provide and institute proven practices around observability, instrumentation, and monitoring
- Build vital and efficient tooling to lower the barrier of entrance for engineering teams to plug in and enjoy the benefits of Observability
- Provide guidance to engineering teams on how to use observability to proactively identify and resolve issues before they become incidents
- Reduce the time to detect issues with our products and enable teams to effectively troubleshoot during incidents
- Build, deploy, and provide production support for any services you own
- Analyze the shortcomings of existing systems and propose alternatives
- 9+ years experience in a Software, Infrastructure, and/or Site Reliability Engineering role
- 9+ years programming experience, shared libraries and frameworks a plus
- Experience architecting, improving, and operating large scale distributed systems
- Can debug sophisticated problems across the whole stack
- Experience with message bus and log aggregation systems, public cloud, and Kubernetes
- Experience building for and supporting a polyglot programming and datastore environment
- Enjoyment from helping others learn and improve through pairing, code review, tech talks etc.
- The ability to lead, partner, and collaborate cross-functionally across an engineering organization
- Experience with managing high scale telemetry systems is a plus
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth.
More than 100,000 paid customer accounts in over 150 countries and territories use Zendesk products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.About Zendesk - Champions Of Customer Service
Zendesk started the customer experience revolution in 2007 by enabling any business around the world to take their customer service online. Today, Zendesk is the champion of great service everywhere for everyone, and powers billions of conversations, connecting more than 100,000 logos with hundreds of millions of customers over telephony, chat, email, messaging, social channels, communities, review sites and help centers. Zendesk products are built with love to be loved. The company was conceived in Copenhagen, Denmark, built and grown in California, taken public in New York City, and today employs more than 4,000 people across the world. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
We believe in service. Learn more
about how we provide support to our local communities with volunteering, grants and product donations.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment and employees at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer. If you are based in the United States and would like more information about your EEO rights under the law, please click here
Zendesk endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans pursuant to applicable federal and state law. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to submit this application, complete any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please send an e-mail to [email protected]
with your specific accommodation request.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information.