The Red Hat IT Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) team is looking for a Senior System Engineer to help us build and run our Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform-based cloud platforms. In this role, you will be part of a team which develops, deploys, and maintains Red Hat's next-generation application deployment environment for mission-critical custom applications and services across a range of hybrid cloud infrastructures. You will operate on-premise and in the public cloud, using the latest technologies from Red Hat. As a Senior System Engineer, you will have a role in everything that our team does, from designing, planning, and implementing the next versions of our offerings, to helping ensure our users' success as they develop and deploy into our environments. Successful applicants must reside in a country where Red Hat is registered to do business.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Build and manage our large-scale infrastructure and platform services, including public cloud, private cloud, and datacenter-based services
- Automate cloud infrastructure through use of technologies like auto scaling and load balancing, scripting in Bash, Python, or Ruby, and monitoring and alerting solutions, e.g., Splunk, Nagios, collectd, Grafana, Graphite, or New Relic
- Work with your team to design and implement infrastructure around platform applications and data tiers to meet user experience, security, availability, responsiveness, scalability, and cost objectives
- Create, refine, and maintain a configuration management solution using Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform
- Implement and maintain intelligent infrastructure and application monitoring designed to enable other engineering teams
- Ensure that the production environment is operating in accordance with established procedures and best practices
- Provide escalation support for high severity and critical platform-impacting events
- Provide feedback on bugs and feature improvements to the various Red Hat’s product engineering teams
- Develop your mentorship skills and serve as an escalation point for junior engineers
- Facilitate agile ceremonies within the team, report status to team leadership, and coordinate efforts across multiple regions
- Lead a team of engineers working with product owners, business analysts, and delivery leads while coordinating with teams within Red Hat
About Red Hat
- Ability to program in modern scripting languages like Python; familiarity with Go language is a plus
- Experience with systems and IT infrastructure
- Comfortable with frequent incremental code changes, testing, and deployment
- Focused on business outcomes
- Solid knowledge of automation tools like Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform or Jenkins
- Excellent communication skills; experience working directly with and presenting to business stakeholders
- Ability to solve problems in a holistic and durable manner
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.