We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Senior Technical Advisor (TB) for an anticipated USAID Burma TB and HIV Integrated Activity .
The Senior Technical Advisor TB (STA-TB) will serve in a leadership role in areas of prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of TB and provide technical leadership to assist the National TB Program (NTP) and the Directorate of Disease Control in efforts to end the TB epidemic in Myanmar. This includes support in areas including finding the missing people with TB and improving access to TB services from wherever people seek care; implementing successful TB prevention programming; support the NTP to introduce better treatment regimens for multidrug resistant TB (MDR-TB); work closely with the NTP, USAID and other stakeholders to successfully implement the project in Burma. The STA-TB will be responsible for providing technical assistance in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of TB while building strong linkages between TB and HIV/AIDS care and treatment programs. S/he will build relationships and collaborate with stakeholders and the program team in the design, integration and implementation of TB programs and TB-HIV integrated services based upon FHI 360’s best practices, international evidence and USAID, WHO, and/or country-specific strategies and objectives.
The position shall be based out of Yangon, Burma. The recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project to FHI 360 and final USAID approval of the candidate.
- Provide technical assistance to develop strategies on TB prevention, diagnosis and treatment including, TB case finding, TB preventive therapy (TPT), MDR TB, childhood TB, TB infection prevention control (IPC) and TB/HIV.
- Lead efforts to develop and/or adapt training materials, facilitate planning and conduct trainings for partners, health care providers, and community members
- Participate in workshops, task force groups and expert committees to identify policy, technical and programmatic gaps in TB diagnosis, treatment and prevention.
- Provide technical support in developing systems, tools, job aids, and IEC materials as required for improving diagnosis and treatment of TB, TB/HIV and MDR-TB services, infection prevention, monitoring and supervision.
- Ensure that project implementation adheres to global strategies and remains technically sound
- Develop tools for the design and implementation of specific technical components
- Review, analyze, and evaluate the effectiveness of programs/projects and make recommendations for enhancement
- Ensure the quality of implemented technical activities and systems at all levels
- Identify areas for improved efficiency or effectiveness within prescribed parameters, and institute enhancements to procedures
- Develop and maintain a collaborative relationship with donor/client organizations, relevant government agencies, bilateral and other NGOs/CBOs, and other key stakeholders
- Maintain a dialogue and technical exchange with field counterparts and technical staff of implementing partners
- Other tasks assigned by supervisor.
- Medical doctor or master’s degree in public health with 5-8 years of experience.
- Expertise in TB is required, and experience in specific TB programming including community-based patient centered care, childhood TB, programmatic management of drug resistant TB (PMDT), new drug introduction, or knowledge of private sector TB engagement is desirable
- Proven experience in implementing TB (TB prevention, diagnosis and treatment) programmatic work in Asia, particularly Burma.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO) or in work-related academic, governmental, or industry setting.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to plan, organize, and manage resources for successful completion of projects;
- Ability to motivate, influence, and collaborate with others;
- Ability to build positive local working relationships with local communities, district government officials, UN and where appropriate, donor representatives.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; fluency in local language is an advantage.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates can apply through FHI 360 career at https://www.fhi360.org/careers .
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package , professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.