Hi, I’m David Alexander, Senior Manager of Sales Engineering (APAC) at Puppet,
I am hiring for a Senior Technical Solutions Engineer (TSE) to join our APAC Presales team. I am seeking an experienced technical engineer/architect who has customer-facing experience and enjoys solving problems, architecting solutions, and ensuring technical value for their customers.
Are you a delivery professional who’s looking for something to challenge you? Maybe you’ve been working across and learning about a lot of technologies and you’re ready to start advising customers on how they fit together in a DevOps context. This role is a pre-sales role, meaning there won’t be any project delivery; instead, the focus of the role will be working with customers to identify their problems and provide technical solutions that build around the Puppet automation and security solution suite. This will include understanding integration points with a customers’ existing technology stack and where Puppet can compliment these solutions.
We are looking for service delivery professionals with a minimum of 10 years experience in general IT, and with exposure to some of the latest DevOps and public cloud technologies (including Terraform, AWS, Azure, GCP, and Docker/Kubernetes among others). You will have spent at least two years in a customer-facing role, ideally with a vendor or solutions integrator, although internal customer-facing experience will also be considered. Cybersecurity experience is well regarded but not mandatory. The ideal candidate may be from a development, operations or security background, but has a general curiosity about IT and a broad understanding of technological trends and why customers might choose to automate their IT. Puppet will provide a structured mentoring program and a structured training program to enable successful candidates on both Puppet technologies, as well as new and emerging technologies in the DevOps space.
This is a technical presales role, and presales experience is well regarded, but not mandatory. If you’re an engineer, architect or other delivery professional who can talk well and describe technical concepts in a way that anyone can understand them, you would do well here. If you’re looking for a job where you don’t have to be on-call, and where you won’t be fixing problems at 3am, this could be the job for you.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provide technical presales for the Singapore sales team, working with the presales team to ensure customer needs are defined and met with Puppet technologies
- Work in partnership with the Singapore sales team and help to win new business, expand existing customer use cases, and partner with other products to build innovative solutions for organisations
- Work on top tier enterprise accounts to help position solutions, and provide advice on architecture/design as well as driving opportunities for expansion and adoption of Puppet Technology
- Deliver technical workshops and understand customer requirements, translate to solutions and communicate to customers and partners, helping them to roadmap new DevOps/Automation initiatives
- Prepare BOMs, write Statements of Work and provide SOW validation during the sales cycle
- Tertiary qualification (undergraduate/postgraduate university - technical, scientific, or mathematical degree preferred) or equivalent work experience
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Strong willingness to learn new concepts and ability to think laterally to address customer issues
- Ability to learn technology quickly through instruction and self-training
- Ability to travel to customer locations as required (approximately 20% travel, with majority of travel within Singapore - note that generally during COVID period travel will not occur)
- Technical expertise with some of the key technologies relevant to the Puppet solutions including:
- Linux systems administration, including automation techniques
- Windows systems administration, including PowerShell or other automation techniques
- Programming skills (Java, C#, Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.)
- Experience with some of the following technologies:
- git-based version control
- Public and Private Clouds (AWS, Azure, Openstack, VMware)
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins, Bamboo, or others)
- Automation and orchestration technologies (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, CFEngine, PowerShell DSC or others)
- Provisioning technologies (Terraform, VMware vRA/vRO, etc)
- Database and middleware technologies
- Cybersecurity technologies and processes
- Exposure to ITSM tools and processes
- Exposure to logging and monitoring tools and processes
Preferred Experience (not mandatory)
- Experience as a presales engineer/architect
- Experience working as part of an organisation within Malaysia, Thailand and/or Indonesia
- Experience working with vendor or solutions integration organisations
We are hiring at various experience levels and we’re particularly interested in having a diverse team with a broad set of skills and viewpoints. If this seems like your dream job, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway!
Please note, this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Puppet’s core mission is to eliminate soul crushing work. We created the industry standard for managing infrastructure as code. And we didn’t stop there—our product portfolio has grown to help organizations automate across their entire software delivery lifecycle. With more than two-thirds of Fortune 100 companies using Puppet’s open source or commercial products, our code is helping power thousands of organizations across the world.
As the industry leader in DevOps solutions, we realize that our success is a collective effort; all made possible by the incredible people working here, our customers, partners, and Puppet community. Our culture is built on positivity, diversity, inclusivity and support—and we seek people who are resilient, entrepreneurial-minded, team players who continually strive to be incrementally better every single day. In our work together we aim to be curious, accountable, empathetic and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like the environment you’d thrive in, why not say hello?
Learn more about Puppet by checking out the values we live by and the awesome benefits and perks we offer employees!
Puppet is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact +1-877-575-9775 for assistance.