As a great writer with a technical background, you are a rare breed. Like dogs who don’t shed, or cats who aren’t filled with contempt for their owners. So you deserve to be around people who are just as multi-talented as you, right?
We get it. We’ve been there, too.
Maybe you’re a talented developer, but cranking out line after line of code just wasn’t the carpal tunnel-inducing thrill ride it used to be. Maybe you're a support agent who can't bear sending customers the support articles from your company’s knowledge base because your own written solutions are ten times simpler. So you turned to the pen; you traded programming for prose; you subbed computations for compositions... but are your technical skills still shiny, rust-free, and situated toward the top of your toolbox?
Technical writers, welcome home.
At Trilogy’s Knowledge Base, we support over 100 enterprise software products operating on a range of technology stacks, and we’re adding to that count every week. Our key to maintaining successful customer relationships while scaling at breakneck speed is simple—we treat knowledge as our most important asset. We make sure our repository of technical wisdom grows as rapidly as we do. It’s an exciting time for writers.
What You Will Be Doing
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Writing the troubleshooting articles that are the core of our global customer support organization. Each day, you will get to flex your technical skills and ability to communicate through writing.
- Making continuous improvements to Knowledge Base (KB) articles to make them unique and complete. The product details in KB articles will simplify and exponentially improve the work of your customer support colleagues.
- Writing training curricula and certification tests for customer support agents.
Senior Technical Writer Key Responsibilities
- Writing technical specs, user manuals, or marketing materials. Our KB articles are not general overviews. We are specific and intentional in our customer support solutions.
- Creating product material simply for the sake of having it. Each article you write will link to tangible business value. You will not spend your time writing useless articles.
- Interfacing directly with customers. Instead, you will contribute to a comprehensive library that will guide our customer support operations.
- Creating and curating KB articles that solve our customers’ most important problems and result in 95% first contact resolution.
- Technical depth gained through experience in technical positions such as software development, DevOps, database administration or advanced (L3) support.
- Ability to read and write basic code for debugging purposes and to understand a wide range of software products.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely in English.
- IT-related degree
- Customer support experience
Hundreds of software businesses run on the Trilogy Business Platform. For three decades, Trilogy has been known for 3 things: Relentlessly seeking top talent, Innovating new technology, and incubating new businesses. Our technological innovation is spearheaded by a passion for simple customer-facing designs. Our incubation of new businesses ranges from entirely new moon-shot ideas to rearchitecting existing projects for today's modern cloud-based stack. Trilogy is a place where you can be surrounded with great people, be proud of doing great work, and grow your career by leaps and bounds.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
- You will be paired up with one of our recruiting specialists who can answer questions you might have about the process, role, or company, and help you get to the final interview step.
If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form - by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting https://www.crossover.com/auth/reset-password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-4132-PH-NCRNatio-SeniorTechnica2