The individual will join FX and Rates trading team in SMBC APAC division, and be responsible for market making and risk management in EM FX and NDF products.
• To generate revenue from managing SMBC clients’ transaction and hedge the position in interbank market.
• To maximize SMBC clients’ FX transaction volume, and revenue for the team.
• To enhance capabilities of our Treading Desk to provide professional service for SMBC’s key clients
• To comply with all SMBC rules and compliance requirements
• To collect market information and share them not only within Trading group but also SMBC colleagues
· Good bachelor degree in Engineering, Finance, Economics or Commerce
· Knowledge of Foreign Exchange and Interest Rate Markets
· Knowledge of onshore markets and regulations in APAC region
· At least 7years’ experience in FX as interbank trader
· Knowledge of NDF, FX spot, forward and options (FX trader)
· Good fundamental and technical market analytical skills
· Coaching and training staffs
· Strong ethics
· Team player
· Well read / interest in financial markets
· Coding skills, excel / VBA macros etc.
· Trading experience in FX spot, forward or option, and NDF
· Comfortable with data and model analysis
· Knowledge of Rates Derivatives Products – IRS / CCS / Simple interest rate and Rates options
· Leadership and team management
· Communication in English along with any regional language – Malay / Thai / Bahasa / Mandarin / Hindi / Japanese etc will be a plus