This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Our client is on the prowl for more people to join their Global HQ. Being at their studio means that you'll be part of a culture that celebrates diversity and is dedicated to making games which make players smile.
Fresh from a launch, they are looking for an experienced and talented Senior UI/UX Designer who is passionate about making games look fantastic and which contributes to a butter-smooth user experience!
They are an equal opportunity employer. They celebrate diversity, welcome applications from candidates from all walks of life, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Working closely with the art team, product owner, designers and engineers, to define, develop, and create UX solutions such as wireframes, UI flows, interactive mockups, etc…
- Defining the look and feel of our breakthrough titles together with the rest of the art team.
- Finding creative ways to solve UI/UX problems (e.g. usability, findability)
- Creating visually appealing, user-friendly, consistent, and crisp user interface elements (e.g. menus, buttons, icons and animation etc)
- Contributing to the brand/art style guides and technical documentation.
- Keeping up-to-date and communicating on the latest trends and influences in UI/UX for games and beyond, and sharing your findings with the team.
- Participating in playtests as interviewers and gathering feedback from players to improve the usability of games
As a Successful Candidate, You Would Have
- Strong communication skills, and proven experience in User Interface and User Experience design for games
- A general understanding of and interest in game design
- Deep knowledge and interest in usability and freemium best-practices as they relate to interface design.
- Familiarity with Photoshop.
- An avid interest in all types of art & graphic design.
- A well-developed sense of colour and composition.
- A substantial interest in form and typography.
- Shipped multiple game titles (AAA or mobile).
- Experience with working in an Agile / Scrum environment.
As a Bonus, You Would Have
- Extensive experience creating artwork for games.
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator / After Effects.
- Experience with Unity 3D or similar development tools.
Tagged as: UI / UX Design