This is a remote position.
The successful candidate will assist in the conceptualization and development of content across a wide range of mediums. A polished communicator, the Senior Writer will write a high-level analysis of the latest developments in the GovCon industry activities.
Responsibilities And Duties
- Write, edit and publish across all of our websites each day
- Research prospective interviewees for our Editor to interview
- Report directly to our editor and assist with research for our GovCon events
- Self-starter who is able to look online, identify hot topics in government in order to help define topics for our events
- Identify speakers for said events
- Help to write blurbs on our websites about our events
- 2-4 yrs of experience in News Writing or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or communications
- Experience working in AP Style
- Comfortable researching, identifying, and compiling lists of qualified speakers for our GovCon events
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Wordpress, SEO, Social Media a plus
- Work Schedule 2-11pm